Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday?
RE: What Do You Know Today That You Didn't Know Yesterday?
Coretta Scott King was John Lithgow's babysitter when they both lived in Yellow Springs, OH.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(October 15, 2019 at 10:40 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Coretta Scott King was John Lithgow's babysitter when they both lived in Yellow Springs, OH.

My babysitter was an alcoholic.

(I haven't found that out today)

If you’re at all knowledgeable about Japanese true crime you probably recognized that guy’s face immediately. Listening to the Aum Shinrikyo episodes of Last Podcast on the Left, I found out that the cult actually produced some anime, and apparently the plot involves people going around and asking Shoko Ashahara to kill them. Then again, scanning through one video that I’m going to assume is a compilation of the guy’s anime (no subtitles, Japanese dub) it looks like it’s just an anime version of Joe Pera Talks To You that just happened to be made by a cult that killed 12 people.

That said, apparently that’s the manga and not the anime.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I now know things that I cannot share with the rest of you.

Needless to say it’s disturbing, dangerous, and could lead to the end of society as we know it.

I’ll tell you tomorrow...
Dying to live, living to die.
"Alliances are very easy."
-- Trump
Correction to my Aum Shinrikyo post earlier in this thread, going further into the podcast, the cops investigating the cult after the found 80 blackened metal drums where people were incinerated. So, most likely, Shoko Ashahara is not only a mass murder, but also a serial killer. Yes, Shoko Ashahara is the only person I can think of who was both.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I know that just 1 bad day in a persons life can put that person somewhere that that person doesn't want to be. So okay then.
(October 18, 2019 at 8:35 am)Cod Wrote: I know that just 1 bad day in a persons life can put that person somewhere that that person doesn't want to be. So okay then.

You OK, mate?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
My dogs are about as far removed from their wolf ancestors as they can be. But...they worked as a pack today and ran down, caught, and killed a squirrel that I had to get away from them so they couldn't tear it up. I really didn't think they had it in them. Not that they hadn't tried before but the squirrels were always the clear winners...till today. I guess there is a tiny trace of wolf in them. It's gonna be a long fall since the backyard is a treasure trove of acorns. Do I need to put the squirrel head on a spike as a warning to others?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 18, 2019 at 2:24 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: My dogs are about as far removed from their wolf ancestors as they can be.  But...they worked as a pack today and ran down, caught, and killed a squirrel that I had to get away from them so they couldn't tear it up.  I really didn't think they had it in them.  Not that they hadn't tried before but the squirrels were always the clear winners...till today.  I guess there is a tiny trace of wolf in them.  It's gonna be a long fall since the backyard is a treasure trove of acorns.  Do I need to put the squirrel head on a spike as a warning to others?

Yes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 69 955 April 20, 2024 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1088 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2276 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 685 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1119 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1098 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Last movie you didn't watch Fake Messiah 43 2806 November 16, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 518 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Today was a good day...why? arewethereyet 35 3554 March 5, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I just found out today. Brian37 2 642 February 12, 2020 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37