RE: Moralizing vs. Compassion
January 6, 2016 at 1:59 am
(This post was last modified: January 6, 2016 at 2:05 am by robvalue.)
Yep, we suck. We do damage just by existing.
But things aren't "all or nothing". We can try to reduce that damage, and it's worthwhile even if we don't reduce it by as much as we could. And we can try to positively impact the world, which is again worthwhile even if we could do more, and is still better than doing nothing even if it doesn't "offset" the damage ultimately.
We do suck, though. I would like humans to die out, in the grand scheme of things. But I try to make the best of how things are. I don't take out my philosophical views on individual people or on societies. We're all here just trying to make the best of it, hopefully.
But things aren't "all or nothing". We can try to reduce that damage, and it's worthwhile even if we don't reduce it by as much as we could. And we can try to positively impact the world, which is again worthwhile even if we could do more, and is still better than doing nothing even if it doesn't "offset" the damage ultimately.
We do suck, though. I would like humans to die out, in the grand scheme of things. But I try to make the best of how things are. I don't take out my philosophical views on individual people or on societies. We're all here just trying to make the best of it, hopefully.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.
Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.
Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum


