Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 4:10 am

Poll: benhess poll
This poll is closed.
benhess is a dried up, over used douche bag
0%
0 0%
benhess is a pro at suck starting farts
20.00%
1 20.00%
benhess is a long winded idiotic right winger
40.00%
2 40.00%
benhess is absolutely correct
0%
0 0%
benhess for President!!!
20.00%
1 20.00%
benhess looks like your typical asshole fundy
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apology tour comments
RE: Apology tour comments
I read through the diatribe not to debunk but just to try to understand. I've been mystified as to how conservatives could lie us into a war, crash the economy and spend us into a hole with nothing to show for it and still they want to stay the course.

For any rational person, the last decade should have been a case study in the effectiveness of Republican politics. They had unchallenged authority during the 8 years of the Bush administration on all matters except their scheme to privatize social security (and we all know how that would have ended up).

Deregulation? You got it.
Tax cuts for the wealthy? No problem.
Two wars? OK, if you say it's necessary.
Patriot Act? Here you go.
Everything they wished for was served up on a silver plate with a side order of Democrat rollovers.

With power comes responsibility. They were given the power to do as they liked. It's to the Democrats shame that he was never challenged but that doesn't take away from the bottom line that the GOP was calling all the shots. We gave them 8 years to do as they liked. The wreckage belongs to them, no excuses. It's time for rational people to admit that tax cuts don't stimulate the economy and class Reaganomics as a failed experiment.

But of course, we're not dealing with rational people.

Quote:This statement, however, I just don't understand. Liberals are usually more pro-women's-rights as well as being in favor of allowing a woman (or a man for that matter) to have sex with whoever they want to. Or is Benny just lumping liberals in with Muslims and everyone else he doesn't like? I mean, when it comes to punishment for "adultery," conservative Christians have far more in common with Muslims (unless it's their own girlfriend/mistress, of course).

It's because, as his diatribe repeatedly said, liberals hate America, want to destroy it and want the terrorists to win.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Messages In This Thread
Apology tour comments - by reverendjeremiah - May 13, 2011 at 6:32 pm
RE: Apology tour comments - by Doubting Thomas - May 14, 2011 at 10:35 am
RE: Apology tour comments - by reverendjeremiah - May 14, 2011 at 11:34 am
RE: Apology tour comments - by Doubting Thomas - May 16, 2011 at 3:00 pm
RE: Apology tour comments - by reverendjeremiah - May 16, 2011 at 9:57 pm
RE: Apology tour comments - by DeistPaladin - May 16, 2011 at 5:27 pm
RE: Apology tour comments - by Doubting Thomas - May 16, 2011 at 6:22 pm
RE: Apology tour comments - by Angrboda - May 16, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No. He Does Not Owe An Apology, Douchebag. Minimalist 12 1456 January 18, 2018 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Trumps Comments about Police Brutality and My Response Rhondazvous 10 2196 March 6, 2016 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd