Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumps Comments about Police Brutality and My Response
I was watching a video of Trump's July speech in Arizona where he addressed the issue of illegal immigration. During this speech, he invited a Black man to give testimony in favor of Trump after his son was killed by an illegal immigrant. It was a touching testimony, but it made me think. Okay he doesn't want Mexicans killing blacks, but what does he have to say about police brutality? So I searched and found this video, to which I also left a comment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XauAcxaaS-M
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Trumps Comments about Police Brutality and My Response
He's correct that Baltimore and Chicago have a major problem but overall, the crime rate is lower than it has ever been. He obviously did his homework since he knows about the issues in Baltimore and Chicago but he must also know about the overall drop in violent crime which has been in a steady decline since the early 90s.

Trump likes to say that he's not a politician but his cherry-picking of the facts here says otherwise.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Oh, I thought they would post the link so you could see my comments. FWIW, this is what I have to say.

Is Trump aware that “law and order” are code words for white supremacy and black oppression?
He says we need to give power back to the police. When did the police lose their power?
He dismisses the protests of groups like Black Lives Matter as if they are keeping the police from doing their job. Is killing blacks their job? You can’t gun down unarmed men and little kids then claim to be fighting crime.
I’m not saying we don’t need police. I’m not saying crime doesn’t exist. I just which that since Trump acknowledges that there are rogue police that he wouldn’t just dismiss it. He’s not a man who lacks imagination, so he can find a balance between anarchy from not enough police and anarchy from police who are not monitored at all. If he wanted to.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

(March 5, 2016 at 6:05 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: During this speech, he invited a Black man to give testimony in favor of Trump after his son was killed by an illegal immigrant.  It was a touching testimony, but it made me think.

There are several questions attached. Would he have invited the black man if his son had been killed by Zimmermann, to name the most (in)famous? Would he have invited him if his son had been one of the unarmed men shot and killed by police? Would he have invited him if his son's demise hadn't happened to fit his agenda like a glove?

I guess, these are the more interesting questions than what he has to say on police brutality.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I didn't look at the video.

Police powers haven't been curtailed as far as I know. What things like dashcams and bodycams are doing are making them more accountable for how they use that power. It also helps exonerate the good cops, proving they were justified in the use of force. A win-win as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know about "law and order" being code words for black suppression or white supremacy. I guess you could use those words to hide almost any kind of agenda since people key in on "law and order" as a good thing.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I'm amazed at how many Trump threads there are. I can't keep up with them all.
Why would you be amazed? The man is the GOP frontrunner during the last week of the primary season, and half the country is freaked the fuck out by him.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(March 5, 2016 at 8:33 pm)Mermaid Wrote: Why would you be amazed?
You are right, I shouldn't be amazed. Trump is so amazing everyone is talking about him.
Quote:The man is the GOP frontrunner during the last week of the primary season,
He is a winner.
Quote:and half the country is freaked the fuck out by him.
Especially Hillary.
Just about all politicians, and every cop, want to have a police State. It's been that way throughout history and in all socities. Trump wants a strong police presence so that the cops will protect his assets from the have-nots. The cops will gladly do his bidding because they like to oppress people. That's the way it is around the world and you see it in photos everyday in every country. It's a standard trope in Western movies.
(March 6, 2016 at 5:56 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Just about all politicians, and every cop, want to have a police State.  It's been that way throughout history and in all socities.  Trump wants a strong police presence so that the cops will protect his assets from the have-nots.   The cops will gladly do his bidding because they like to oppress people.  That's the way it is around the world and you see it in photos everyday in every country.  It's a standard trope in Western movies.
The same thing could be said about theism. Everybody wants it and that's the way it's been throughout history. Religion is the opium of the people. It been governments' favorite way of keeping the masses in check. Would you support Pat Robertson for president because he's what the PTB want? If you would fight against that with your last breath, why, using the same logic, would you lay down and support a president who will openly usher in fascism?

I'm not saying you're wrong. I just want you to explain your logic.

--Voltaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about the police? FlatAssembler 169 13655 December 19, 2022 at 12:49 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1025 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 835 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Does anyone understand Trumps base? Atomic Lava 72 6311 June 13, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Zepp
  Prague Mayor under police protection Mr Greene 4 408 April 28, 2020 at 6:21 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trumps press conference....eek! Dancefortwo 14 880 September 27, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Realistically can anything be done regarding Trumps nomination? GODZILLA 22 2335 July 11, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Yeah...Trumps bigotry isn't hurting us at all GODZILLA 15 2209 May 20, 2018 at 8:08 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Trumps 30% tariff on imported solar panels Coveny 27 2897 February 1, 2018 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The WLB Calls For More Police Brutality. Minimalist 9 1260 July 30, 2017 at 4:47 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus