Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 1:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. How was I born me and not another?
RE: Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. How was I born me and not another?
(October 13, 2016 at 2:29 pm)EruptedCarcassBloat Wrote:
(October 13, 2016 at 12:07 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I thought we'd already established that your parents had something to do with that?  Many parents do end up asking themselves that very same question in another form;

"Why did we have to have a kid, we could have bought a pet rock, and we'd be sitting on the beach sipping fruity ass drinks right now!"
Okay, it just came to me that I could ask the question a little bit simpler.

What are the chances of me actually being born?

Do you mean, out of all of the possible combinations of your parents' genes, what is the chance of getting any specific set? Otherwise it's 100%, since you're here to ask that question.

And..that's not really a simpler question. There's a lot of philosophical baggage tied up in that short sentence.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. How was I born me and not another? - by FatAndFaithless - October 13, 2016 at 2:34 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Far Too Complicated For Creatards Minimalist 4 1605 April 7, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: ignoramus