Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 9:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
(November 7, 2016 at 4:29 pm)Drich Wrote:
(November 7, 2016 at 4:11 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Sorry, sounds like fox hole prayer/belief. Fear based. Bargaining. 

And when your/their ass isn't pulled from the fire, then what? No god?

No thanks. I don't fear death that much.
No if they die they do not need faith or belief.. they get the proof they sought. Some people are so hard hearted, they  have to have absolute indisputable proof. Kneeling before God... What better proof is there? Some people's demand for proof exceed their need to be right before God. Mine did not (thankfully)

And.. who said anything about fearing death?

This wasn't a bargain, this was a lord if your there looks like i will be there with you. If I am doing stuff to piss you off let me know before it is too late kind of thing.

You did when you said "save you from your fate". With all of the terminal disease/events listed obviously death was the subject/fate. If there was not fear, what would the human need to be saved from?

This was a bargain, made out of fear. You've done nothing to convince me otherwise.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences" - by brewer - November 7, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1901 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious