Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 3:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using sir and ma'am to address people...
RE: Using sir and ma'am to address people...
(June 27, 2017 at 1:41 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I remember a departmental secretary many years ago I always addressed as Ms. Tracy and I even tried to put a southern twang on it a bit.  I could tell she liked it, and since most of the other dwellers of cubeville openly thought she was crazy as a bed bug (she was) it helped me to get my items faster and I'd like to think with a little better results.

Unlike a later replacement . .

Company policy of course forbid me calling that one 'bitch' and I didn't, and I didn't ever even when she was out of ear shot.  What I found galling however, was that virtually everyone else did refer to her as 'bitch' (or far worse) when she was out of ear shot.  And she wasn't above fucking up a document if she got wind of any disgruntlement towards her in cubeville.

BTW, I've googled many folks as of late, and I find something about most everyone I look for.  Except her.  She has apparently left this mortal coil without a trace.

maybe Satan assimilated her from the timeline for a special project ?

How about that.Moved out of state shortly after retirement (I knew about retiring, not moving away) and that's why I never found anything

Obit was printed in town I lived in, that's how I found her

Outlived husband.  Never ever mentioned him, no pictures at work, no one suspected she was ever married*

Had kids!  Never spoke of them, no pictures at work, no one suspected

"Guest book" feature at funeral home site had NO names from anyone in our department at the time of her retirement.  No particular surprise there.

I'm inferring from positive comments from out of state friends her bitterness might have been entirely confined to place of employment.  Additionally, since her career was entirely separate from her private life, safe bet her private life was untouched by her career too.

LOL, she was WAY older than she looked (and good for her).  Still, that works both ways, her bitterness stemmed from being kicked out of her executive secretarial position when she became a little 'long in the tooth', but if she was older than she looked, her time in the executive suite was actually longer than she might have reasonably expected otherwise.  And that's where her bitterness with us arose.  She felt she should have still been a secretary at the executive level, and she took out being stuck with us on us.  Bitch**.  Take it up with the executives who hired you when you were younger and YOU displaced an older secretary of that era, condemning her to just what happened to you later.

*I think I can infer a DIVORCE from that. Whadda ya think ??

**Well, that's closure for me, and everyone else she was nasty to.  You know, that was a big place, thousands of employees.  I'm sure I encountered several unpleasant, even vile, people my time there.  Why does this one stick out?  It was the bitterness and the relentless infliction of it on everyone in my area, UNDESERVEDLY.  We had nothing to do with her being bounced from the executive level.  I recall her 'turning up' after a departmental reorganization that corresponded to my getting out of my "sobriety motel" and getting an actual apartment to live in, so I put up with her hostility for over 5 years.  The  6 FSEs that came with her in the reorg had, IIRC, about 2 more years of her than I did.  I recall a discussion with my supervisor about dropping a conduct report on her, but that would have been in the time frame when  the RDG test was winding down, and she retired shortly thereafter.  And with that timing, there wouldn't have been much impetus to drop a conduct report on her.  And I was thrown a bone, I could use a secretary in an adjoining department.  Hawthorne Effect there, while relentlessly pleasant, the other sec had spare time up the wazoo because she had limited skills.  

LOL, office politics !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Messages In This Thread
Using sir and ma'am to address people... - by c172 - June 26, 2017 at 10:57 pm
RE: Using sir and ma'am to address people... - by J a c k - June 26, 2017 at 11:20 pm
RE: Using sir and ma'am to address people... - by Jesster - June 26, 2017 at 11:22 pm
RE: Using sir and ma'am to address people... - by Losty - June 27, 2017 at 2:00 am
RE: Using sir and ma'am to address people... - by brewer - June 27, 2017 at 12:44 pm
RE: Using sir and ma'am to address people... - by vorlon13 - June 28, 2017 at 1:15 am
RE: Using sir and ma'am to address people... - by Aegon - June 28, 2017 at 2:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 1033 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  Make a conversation using only gifs dahrling 10 1975 May 15, 2015 at 11:34 am
Last Post: dahrling
Thumbs Down Beware of using other bank's ATM's!! CindysRain 10 2279 July 17, 2014 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Cato
  Disproving God using HISTORICAL PROOF BlackSwordsman 5 1495 June 22, 2014 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why are we still using coal? Chad32 14 2658 January 14, 2014 at 1:19 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  Using neuroscience jargon to improve your interpersonal relationships Whateverist 4 1202 November 11, 2013 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  RIP Sir Patrick Moore Cyberman 11 3217 December 11, 2012 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Sir Clive sinclair doesn't use computers anymore. leo-rcc 2 1510 March 2, 2010 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc