RE: Mosul Liberated
August 12, 2017 at 10:11 am
(This post was last modified: August 12, 2017 at 10:15 am by The Grand Nudger.)
(August 12, 2017 at 8:41 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Iraq has this problem of too many distinct factions and tribes. It's like a very bad cocktail.Thanks for clearing that up Ayatollah. It's clear that everything is always the Great Satans fault. Maybe, just maybe, though.... islam is the worst possible religion to add into that tribal cocktail of over-exploited poors. Islamizing the regime certainly worked for a time for Saddam, and by "worked" I mean it terrified the populace and kept them marginally in line. So I guess it;s just a matter of opinion, as to whether or not everyone praying to the anus in front of them improved the state in some way.
Some factions just wanted to sell. But they didn't do it all by their own; during the Iraq/Iran war, Sunnies and Shiites were good, nationalism was strong, all shit came with the American invasion.
Quote:If you want my opinion; the worst Shiites and the worst Sunnies got supported to compose the Iraq of today: the pile of shit with ISIS and the Popular Mobilization Forces.Injected? It was all sleepovers and ice cream before '03, huh.
The amount of sectarian hate that was injected in the region in 2003 was just evil stuff.
Quote:I feel that if I gave up, I won't be who I am anymore. Imagine the end; and I'm right. OMGYou say that like it wouldn't be an improvement.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!



