(August 12, 2017 at 2:28 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: You're welcome; uncle Sam !-and this is how justifications for intervention are made.
I wouldn't blame it all on external forces; Saddam did some nasty stuff to the Shiite component, stories of the horrors of his prisons echo to this day, but it wasn't against the sects in precise; Syria's government was Shiite and they even rivaled Saddam's terror.
Quote:The battlefield only respected dollars, it didn't respect God at all. So it was pretty easy to cut through these societies and affiliations: throw more $ towards the right direction and here you go: you're the next leader of Iraq.OFC it respects dollars, it's not like "god" is buying bullets and food for soldiers. "God" doesn't build roads or hospitals either. "God" is incapable of governing or of providing the necessities of good governance. Money talks, Atlas, money talks. That may upset you, but at some point, you just have to come to terms with it.
Quote:If America didn't ruin the day -for the sake oil- maybe somebody else would've invaded; but America could've left itself outside of this bloody conflict. At least keep the blood of Iraqies off their hands.We went to war for the sake of neoconservatism, not oil. Repeating this war for oil slogan actually helps to obscure the motivations of the people who instigated the conflict.....and that's how -you- end up a useful idiot for their bullshittery.
:claps:
Quote:But I agree totally, that Shia and Sunna will always fight. Islam has nothing to do with it, but Sunnaism and Shiietism has everything to do with it.Anything to excuse islam for the shit it gets itself into, eh? The christers have been peddling the same line for centuries.
Quote:It would've been better off without American intervention.Meh, it would have been better off with competent intervention. Ultimately, I think that our recent misadventures in the middle east were an incredible waste of an opportunity to do real and lasting good.
Quote:Thanks for wishing me death.I doubt that you'd have to die to become less credulous and simple, but hey, I don't know you from adam. Maybe you really are that thick?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!


