Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 5:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The diversity of Atheists
RE: The diversity of Atheists
It's not awesome, you realize everything you lived for was wrong and you're not going to live forever/go to heaven. I don;t think people who aren't already skeptical of their religion are capable of abandoning it.

edit --- sorry too much wine i didn't read clearly Big Grin I don't think "coming out" is always a good idea, if you are surrounded by fervent christians, (especially if you're dependent upon them) they won't take it well. Most of my family is christian, and they know I'm "not religious" (ie i've been living with my girlfriend for 7 years) but I haven't gone out of my way to tell them I'm an atheist. If they bothered to ask, I'd be honest, but unless they confront my religiosity I'm not going to bring it up. They can go on pretending I'll see the error of my and come back to the fold, and I can pretend that they'll see the stupidity of their way and be reasonable.

Messages In This Thread
The diversity of Atheists - by Captainteeth - August 6, 2011 at 7:30 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by frankiej - August 6, 2011 at 1:59 pm
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by wbegg - August 6, 2011 at 11:59 pm
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by cdog - August 7, 2011 at 3:28 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by fr0d0 - August 7, 2011 at 4:00 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by cdog - August 7, 2011 at 4:05 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by fr0d0 - August 7, 2011 at 5:33 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by Faith No More - August 7, 2011 at 6:29 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by MilesTailsPrower - August 11, 2011 at 3:34 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by twocompulsive - August 11, 2011 at 5:48 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by Napoléon - August 11, 2011 at 9:23 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2230 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet