Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 1:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heretic's defiance!
RE: Heretic's defiance!
(October 22, 2017 at 3:21 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(October 22, 2017 at 3:15 pm)Khemikal Wrote: You wrote god a nastygram about breaking up, you've since made up.  Happens all the time.  What's to discuss?

There is a lot to be discussed, because, this is a central theme of why people reject Islam from my experience.

I think thinking emotionally, we can do away with justice. But when thinking with clarity, there is no escaping that we are coming to either an evil end or a good end.

And this shows I don't believe in hell due to Islam but rather belief in hell is necessary for me to believe in Islam.  

The belief in religion is not non-falsifiable, one wrong teaching proven with certainty, and everything comes crumbling down.

And the proof for a religion without a present manifest Guide to present physical miracles is tough on everyone for sure.

I feel if I can prove why I believe in hell, people will gain a lot of insight on to reflect over scripture and religions, whether they believe in them or not.

Or at least give both sides their proper due in reflection.

MK, the word "hell" isn't unique to Islam, or Christianity, even Jews had the word "Hati" which meant "trash dump".

But even in much older polytheism, worldwide much older than those three above, humans made up their own concepts of reward in the after life and punishment in the afterlife. Even the Ancient Egyptians had the sun God, Ra siting next to Osiris and Horus in judgment of every living being in the afterlife.

I wish you would not self inflict yourself with such needless mental torture. Just like I wish Catholic Lady would not torture herself with the Christian version of "hell". I wish Buddhists and Hindus would not torture themselves with the idea of reincarnation, where you come back in the next life worse off if you do bad, or better off in the next life if you do good.

I wish more humans worldwide would accept that all we have is now, and to do good and be good now, is all humans have. I know I wont get that utopia religion free world. But I do wish more humans would not make religion such a focus on global politics.

The universe is 13.8 billion years old. The universe has an estimated 2 TRILLION galaxies in it. I don't see a magic hand above having any hand in all this. I simply see otherwise decent humans being sold bad logic from birth before they can develop critical thinking skills.

"Hell" is not an act of correction or containment. "Hell" as depicted by both Christians and Muslims is one of revenge. Empathy is when others make mistakes you give them a second chance. Empathy is even in war, when you defeat your enemy, you don't commit genocide, you pick them up and offer them a better path forward. 

I don't find the concept of being tortured forever empathetic or compassionate. I see it as narcissistic and petty and jealous. "Hell" is the same mental abuse that works on an abused spouse. "If you stay, and kiss my ass, I wont hurt you. But if you chose to leave, even in a non violent way, I will follow you and hurt you and murder you.". That is not reason, that is revenge.

I hate Donald Trump with a passion. But, if he got impeached, or went to prison, I would not want guards or other prisoners torturing him every day, even if he never learned his lesson. The only thing revenge satisfies is ones own emotions. It never solves anything, that is why I hate the concept of hell.

Messages In This Thread
Heretic's defiance! - by MysticKnight - July 19, 2012 at 6:27 pm
RE: Heretic's defiance! - by Welsh cake - July 19, 2012 at 6:50 pm
RE: Heretic's defiance! - by Creed of Heresy - July 20, 2012 at 7:06 am
RE: Heretic's defiance! - by MysticKnight - April 14, 2017 at 4:11 pm
RE: Heretic's defiance! - by MysticKnight - October 22, 2017 at 2:41 pm
RE: Heretic's defiance! - by Minimalist - April 14, 2017 at 4:24 pm
RE: Heretic's defiance! - by Mister Agenda - April 14, 2017 at 5:16 pm
RE: Heretic's defiance! - by WinterHold - April 14, 2017 at 9:00 pm
RE: Heretic's defiance! - by brewer - April 15, 2017 at 6:51 pm
RE: Heretic's defiance! - by drfuzzy - October 22, 2017 at 2:55 pm
RE: Heretic's defiance! - by MysticKnight - October 22, 2017 at 2:57 pm