Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Heretic's poetry
The Heretic's poetry
*ahem*

I have something to say
To all of you stereotypical guys
Who think women and hearts are just games to be played
And care not for the salty sting of tears you bring to their eyes.

You're testosterone driven and hormonally crazed
Cold, dead, heartless, and emotionally depraved
You've got your head up your ass
And your brain in your pants.

I can't stand those who womanize
Stop telling your empty lies
The women you use are human and they do feel
The pain that you cause is far too real.

When you look at a woman what do you see?
An object, a notch on your bedpost, another trophy?
Do you not see a beautifully intelligent mind or an open caring heart?
They are more than just toys for you to tear apart.

Just for one minute get sex off your mind
Take time to talk, you'll be surprised what you find.
You'll see more than just and object,
Rather a person who feels, thinks, and deserves respect.

Those of you who think only with your dick
You all make me sick!
This may be strange coming from a guy...
But it's because of people like you that the belief in true love is starting to die.

Women you're not perfect
As you seem to suspect
You complain you can't find a truly nice guy
But how can you if you don't open your eyes?

You instantly assume
Any man who approaches you
Is just trying to get in your pants
You'll never find a nice guy if you won't give us a chance.

How do you know that when he says "Hi"
His intentions aren't to try and see the person inside?
Maybe he's just lonely and looking for a friend
And because of your assumptions his lonliness never ends.

If all men want is sex the power is yours
They can't have it if you say "NO!"
That much is for sure
And after that if they still stay maybe they're worth getting to know.

If all men say is nothing but lies
Then why do you continue to believe the same stupid lines?
You need to take some time
And stop judging before you know the person inside.

Otherwise that sweet, nice guy
Might just pass you by.
But you'd never know what you missed
Because the thought of trying to know him was instantly dismissed.

*bows*

Additionally, I found this one in one of my old upload areas a while ago. I was much younger at the time that I wrote this. Like ten years younger. This was during a particularly dark time in my life, and it was something I wrote when I first started to take the steps towards becoming an atheist. It was when I was first finding my own strength, when I was done just giving up and making excuses and hoping for things that would never come if I did not pursue them. I didn't ever get those things that I wanted to pursue, but...I DID get some other things...other things that I have long since realized are far more important.

Anyway. A Conversation Without A Thought.

Every corner I turn,
Every dirt path I trod along,
Leads me straight back
To the manhole I've climbed out of
Too many times before.

I find myself endlessly searching
For a night without the moon,
And a day with shining stars,
Absurd as it may sound,
And still I've found
Nothing at all.

These days just last too long
Praying for some miracle from God
For the strength and guidance
I cannot extract from myself.
For a way to see my soul,
Instead of just this shell.

The mirror screams at me,
"Don't look back"
But I always do.
And I always find comfort
In just a face,
Or a conversation without a thought.

A set of lips,
For just a taste;
But never enough to nourish.
User friends that use,
And are used,
That cloud their minds
With fake warmth,
And lukewarm affection.

Though I deny the fact,
I am one of them
Just as scared inside,
But still ready to fight
The next outsider
With a burning eye
Or a raw comment
That makes me see myself.

Never wanted to break free
Until the day I realized I was a prisoner
And still I accept
These shackles and chains
Like a perverted adulturer
With a bondage fetish.

Let me be liberated,
Let me liberate myself.
I'm going to pick up the pieces,
And this time I won't quit
Until each one is in place.
RE: The Heretic's poetry
Not sure what you mean by this poem other than you have felt burned by men. But that does not mean all men objectify women, or that because we find body parts fun, means every man will treat you like shit.

When you accept yourself, that is when you can deal better with life. As a boy and a man growing up, I was constantly rejected thinking "If they only knew me". I caused myself so much needless pain chasing after girls and women who had no interest in me, and I did the same damned thing, I judged them.

The truth of biology and evolution, is that we do judge. It is how we select our potential mates. It is not to say that humans don't have stupid reasons for judging people, we do.

But I can tell you that for most humans, you are going to go through far more rejection than you will acceptance, before you hit someone who is on the same page.

Why should I lie and say I don't like fat women, I don't. But I also got rejected as the nerd dork, by all the girls in my high school.

It is NOT a matter of judging, it is a matter of your OWN biology and what you personally are attracted to. You cannot tell me in all the times you have been hit on, that there wasn't one person you said "no thanks" to?

You can only "get to know" someone after the initial attraction.

In fact, I fell for some hot women who turned out to be bat shit insane. My dick did the thinking at that point, but it was not worth it. I was married once, and she was nowhere near as hot as the other two I dated.

So I do understand "get to know", but you ultimately cannot help, even if you think someone is nice, you cant help what you are attracted to.

It is a complete myth "If I just try harder, or If I just show them how much I love them". Even my x wife left me, so whatever love or attraction we had, didn't work.

My advice to you is to stop focusing on saying "poor me" and "why me" which got me rejected, and focus on being you. If someone finds you initially attractive, you being yourself will show.

But please do not condemn humans for having body parts. We wouldn't exist if we were not attracted to the body parts of others, EVOLUTION WOULD NOT OCCUR.

Being physically attracted to someone is NOT objectifying. Otherwise all the girls and women who rejected me were wrong.

Just be you, I had to learn that the hard way and did what you are doing right now, blaming everyone else for what they cant help. If someone doesn't like you and doesn't want to date you then move on. I know that it is possible to find someone who will. And even then, we broke up.

Just live your life and don't judge people who reject you. Most of the time it really is as simple as "you are not my type".

But don't give me this pity party of being rejected. If I had a nickle. It is part of life, it sucks, but when you simply accept yourself SOMETIMES you can get lucky, and will be more likely to get lucky when you are yourself.
Well I'm a guy, actually. ;p Haha. The POV was directed at both men and women and their faults when it comes to relationships from an outsider's perspective on the whole thing, given as I myself am not really very inclined to join the whole relationship race [largely on the grounds I'm in no real financial or social position as of right now]. It is essentially a snarl of contempt towards men who manipulate their way into womens' hearts, just for the sole desire to fuck them. I've seen that happen far too often and frankly I'm more than a bit disgusted by it. Movies that glorify the man who gets tons of women and yet he treats them all like shit? Nauseates me. In turn I am highly sick to my eyeballs with women who assume that ALL men are like that and refuse to even give some guys the time of day because they think they're beneath them in some weird, silly, abstract, nonsensical way. Seen THAT happen a lot, too. Worse still, I hate the women who basically friendzone all the nice guys that they know and then wonder why they can never seem to get into relationships with a nice guy. Physical attraction IS important, no doubt, but when it's the only thing you concentrate on, you're not exactly bound for a happy love life. I wrote a poem about that, too, if I could just find it.
(July 8, 2012 at 6:05 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Well I'm a guy, actually. ;p Haha. The POV was directed at both men and women and their faults when it comes to relationships from an outsider's perspective on the whole thing, given as I myself am not really very inclined to join the whole relationship race [largely on the grounds I'm in no real financial or social position as of right now]. It is essentially a snarl of contempt towards men who manipulate their way into womens' hearts, just for the sole desire to fuck them. I've seen that happen far too often and frankly I'm more than a bit disgusted by it. Movies that glorify the man who gets tons of women and yet he treats them all like shit? Nauseates me. In turn I am highly sick to my eyeballs with women who assume that ALL men are like that and refuse to even give some guys the time of day because they think they're beneath them in some weird, silly, abstract, nonsensical way. Seen THAT happen a lot, too. Worse still, I hate the women who basically friendzone all the nice guys that they know and then wonder why they can never seem to get into relationships with a nice guy. Physical attraction IS important, no doubt, but when it's the only thing you concentrate on, you're not exactly bound for a happy love life. I wrote a poem about that, too, if I could just find it.

I said that physical attraction is not everything in my response. I don't value being treated like a slave to a woman who couldn't stand me talking to a female, even if the woman was simply asking for directions.

It is a utopia that relationships or even initial attractions follow a script. We ultimately cannot help who or what we are attracted to.

But your poem above rails against the reality of evolution and all it's messiness and and hormones. Which is why I have gotten to the point of, shit happens and all you can do is be yourself.
An endless cascade of stars
falling upon the universe
as I stand upon the precipice of the night
I watch them all fall away
and out of reach.

And I yearn to reach forth
to grasp their cosmic
nigh-eternal life
and live as they do
burning brilliant
giving life with their own
and damning it with their deaths...

But alas I am smaller
and of less influence
and yet must live with the greater burden;
of awareness
and know of my end
and my beginning
without ever feeling one or the other
or ever of understanding them.

And in this moment
I look upon the stars
and as I envy them for their beauty and radiance
and their vast reach and unknowing potence
I pity them for never beholding themselves as I may
as I do.
(July 16, 2012 at 2:49 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: An endless cascade of stars
falling upon the universe
as I stand upon the precipice of the night
I watch them all fall away
and out of reach.

And I yearn to reach forth
to grasp their cosmic
nigh-eternal life
and live as they do
burning brilliant
giving life with their own
and damning it with their deaths...

But alas I am smaller
and of less influence
and yet must live with the greater burden;
of awareness
and know of my end
and my beginning
without ever feeling one or the other
or ever of understanding them.

And in this moment
I look upon the stars
and as I envy them for their beauty and radiance
and their vast reach and unknowing potence
I pity them for never beholding themselves as I may
as I do.

I love this one. It makes you feel rightfully tiny. It reminds me of Sagan's comments of the picture of earth through the rings of Saturn. But as you noted, even stars die.
Much appreciated! Big Grin Truth be told it just kind of came to after one of my late-night walks. I have a fascination with the night sky and I always find myself gazing up into it whenever I can be by myself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AI writes poetry purplepurpose 5 921 February 4, 2023 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  A new poetry section was added to my site. WinterHold 24 1875 January 22, 2020 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Great Poetry Zazzy 176 30239 August 15, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Crap poetry Cod 13 1409 March 12, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Cod
  Poetry or Lyrics that Inpire you tackattack 7 697 December 11, 2018 at 3:56 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Poetry slam (or close enough) Mr.Obvious 17 1450 November 26, 2018 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Heretic's defiance! Mystic 31 7006 October 29, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: no one
  Visions With Voices poetry publishes 2 more. Brian37 0 377 July 2, 2018 at 7:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  "The Spoken Word" Poetry.... Brian37 5 852 April 2, 2018 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Poetry: Read and Listen Rhondazvous 14 2014 April 10, 2016 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Little lunch