Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 5:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves
RE: Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves
(November 6, 2017 at 5:37 pm)speedyj1992 Wrote:
(November 2, 2017 at 6:36 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: 1. Doubtful, that's only a claim, an anecdote. There is no convincing evidence that your, or any god, actually existed in reality. The rest of your comments are simply the fantasy of how you wish things to be. Have your god show up, then we'll talk on what it takes to "know". 

2. The people of Heavens Gate believe that they lived with their savior/god and died for him and his beliefs. They believed the things he/they preached. You response smacks of personal bias because you believe yours is the only true one. In reality yours is one of many. Yours is not special.  Yours is man made, as they all are.

I feel as if this response largely comes from a place of not seeing, not believing on the basis of not personally having a connection to God that you can see personally. While I can understand this response, how is having faith that something happened in an ancient text like the Bible different than, say for instance, believing scientific facts that you cannot personally observe (i.e. distant stars and planets, billions of tons of salt being deposited on the sea floor every year, etc.)? Because at a certain point, you accept that something is true even though you can't see it based on other things that have been proven through observation and history.

I can see distant stars and planets with my eyes and with aids. I can measure salt deposition by salinity and evaporation rate. These things are reproducible not only by me but by others. 

Please produce your god. If you can't your personal connection only means one thing, fantasy. 

Oh, and what "other things that have been proven through observation and history" are you referencing?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves - by brewer - November 6, 2017 at 5:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2357 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 3704 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 723 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Up Tell me YOUR weather is this screwed up. onlinebiker 5 694 April 15, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  You can tell it' s REALLY cold out when - onlinebiker 13 1404 January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Take It, Or leave it, I can still say Voulez Vous Brian37 7 1152 November 29, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: adey67
  (Yet Another) Tell Us About You Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2969 September 12, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Lucanus
Heart Tell us your ethnicity with food pics *Deidre* 138 21661 May 19, 2018 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Tell us your age with a picture Foxaèr 74 9442 May 14, 2018 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I will tell you a secret Foxaèr 16 2903 May 2, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: vorlon13