Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 7:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shroud of Turin more legit after research?
RE: Shroud of Turin more legit after research?
(April 8, 2018 at 7:44 pm)orthodox-man Wrote: many of the attributes are equivalent in the bible

I take it you didn't actually read my first post where I pointed out that the simple fact that we can see Jesus' face on the Shroud actually runs counter to the Gospel of John

John 20:6-7 (AMP) Wrote:6 Then Simon Peter came up, following him, and went into the tomb and saw the linen wrappings [neatly] lying there; 7 and the [burial] [a]face-cloth which had been on Jesus’ head, not lying with the [other] linen wrappings, but [b]rolled up in a place by itself.

Once again, the Gospel of John itself states that the burial shroud DID NOT COVER his head, and therefore, that face should not even be on the Shroud, if it's genuine. Or maybe John the Evangelist got his information wrong...

And rather amusingly, there is a cloth claimed to be the facecloth that covered Jesus, the Sudarium of Oviedo, and it has a longer documented history than the Shroud of Turin, by about 800 years.

Also, Jewish burial custom demanded that bodies be cleaned of blood before being wrapped in their shrouds. There should not be blood on the Shroud. The fact that you're even claiming there is and it proves that it's real shows you have no idea what the fuck you're even talking about.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shroud of Turin more legit after research? - by Rev. Rye - April 9, 2018 at 12:46 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bombardier Challenger 604 'totaled' after A380 wake turbulence event vorlon13 1 722 June 14, 2017 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Dr. Graham Phillips research on meditation Little Rik 3 962 June 12, 2016 at 6:15 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Who the hell believes this is a legit study I ask? Mystical 6 1461 May 7, 2014 at 3:09 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  Research shows radiometric dating still reliable (again) orogenicman 7 3093 November 16, 2010 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: orogenicman