Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 10:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts
RE: The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts
(April 19, 2018 at 4:04 am)robvalue Wrote: If it's moral for god to torture people, then that does away with any kind of objective morality. (Obviously this doesn't apply to Atlas' non-sentient version of Allah.) If it's okay to do stuff it otherwise wouldn't be just because of your standing in the universe, I'd say it logically follows that it would be moral for me to torture my own self-aware creations in a virtual (sub)universe, assuming I could create such a thing. I am their God, effectively.

I don't understand the "God isn't a man" explanation. If a non-human super powerful alien showed up and started torturing us, would that be moral?

Of course, God (assuming it is real) is generally defined so that it can do whatever the hell it likes. But morality isn't about what you are capable of doing, it's about how you should use your power. In my eyes, the more power you have, the more responsibility you should bear to use it carefully.

Non-Sentient?
Where did I say that God is "Non-Sentient"?

I literally said -and I quote myself-:

https://atheistforums.org/thread-54335-p...pid1737785

Quote: The Quran describes Allah to be a "unique entity unlike any other", thus we can't say that he has a "centralized thinking organ" for example like humans. He is just like he described himself: "a unique and a hollow, that was never born or gave birth". We can describe any force of having "will"; that's for the sake of eloquence, like in the sentence "the sea had roared". Seas don't have mouths to roar; but it's the linguistic eloquence that draws an analogy to help us understand what God means. So it's the same with God in the Quran in my opinion. "Worship" is made strange and phony when it involves other humans or creations. But when it's about God; it is life itself.

I can't say anything about God except before I know very well that I'm saying is valid. Evidence shows that God loves, hates, but is love and hate as in Romeo & Juliet, or love and hate as in "the sea had roared"?

I believe the latter is true.
If you want to favor the other opinion; that would also be your choice.

Why can't you think that maybe, you belong to earth as a man? you spawned from its soil; you're stardust and water, earth is your mother. Ancient greeks worshiped the earth and called it Gaia, so the concept isn't that alien to us. It makes more sense say that earth is your mother, but who made the earth? Then; God comes as the first and the last who gave earth itself a meaning and a definition.

So the concept is quite intuitive. Gaia is right in front of you, so the concept of creation already exists. But earth is not God. It lacks so many things to be a God.

(April 19, 2018 at 9:45 am)Khemikal Wrote: @
"Hurr durr christers and teh joos!"

Islams magic book is a shameless rip of their "impure" magic books, which also contains endless anthropomorphizations and affirms the legitimacy of the sexual slavery of children.

1-You didn't bring me that verse from the  Quran that proves slavery and pedophilia are legal
2-Ironically; you keep insisting on the existence of an evidence that is not even there !

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts - by WinterHold - April 19, 2018 at 6:15 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 89 3781 May 1, 2024 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 9409 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20729 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1365 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4631 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2969 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 49179 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 13119 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 877 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 15502 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257