Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 25, 2024, 8:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets get rid of primary elections when electing our president
RE: Lets get rid of primary elections when electing our president
(July 2, 2018 at 10:10 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(July 2, 2018 at 10:04 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: You haven't presented any "idea at hand."  All you've basically said is that you believe that something other than individual interest should determine representation because you believe that.  You haven't given any real identification of what that something is, nor why you feel it should justify a different apportionment of representation than that dictated by individual interest.  You haven't explained dick, and I find the accusation that I'm spouting empty rhetoric to be ironic in the extreme.  You haven't justified your opinion by anything other than merely reasserting it.

There may be justifications for the electoral college, but so far you haven't presented any of them.  Either you do have such a justification in mind and are simply doing a shit job of representing it, or you yourself are engaging in empty rhetoric.  So stop with the ad hominem bullshit and get on with the argument, if you have one.

Your not giving me anything else to work with... so I'm done here.   I presented my case.... even if you cannot see it.   I still maintain however, that if you can't understand the reasoning behind the electoral college, that you can't really argue against it.

I wasn't arguing against the electoral college, so your criticism is a straw man argument. I was arguing that you haven't presented a valid justification for preferring representation on some other basis than individual self interest. And you've pretty much conceded that you don't. You presented no case. But by all means, quit the field if you feel incompetent to adequately explain yourself.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets get rid of primary elections when electing our president - by Angrboda - July 2, 2018 at 10:51 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 927 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Kuchma, the president of Ukraine Interaktive 5 953 June 10, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1984 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 27473 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  President Biden Foxaèr 74 5591 December 6, 2020 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  IIhan Omar wins Minnesota Congressional Primary Foxaèr 0 246 August 12, 2020 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Kanye West 2020 President Raino921 40 2388 August 5, 2020 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Dundee
  President Zelensky and the Withheld Funds Haipule 16 1406 January 27, 2020 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Anyone else ready for our first gay president? Foxaèr 121 9211 May 22, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Listening to President Trump's Press Conference onlinebiker 12 1584 November 8, 2018 at 10:36 am
Last Post: onlinebiker