Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 7, 2024, 10:23 pm

Poll: Is 'Murica ready for a female president?
This poll is closed.
No
16.67%
2 16.67%
Yes
83.33%
10 83.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the country ready for a female president?
Is the country ready for a female president?
I am not familiar enough with Harris, but I can already imagine how Trump will treat her.

But what of the land known as 'Murica? Do the people want a female president?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Is the country ready for a female president?
A lot of people won't like it but fuck them. I think the majority will be okay.

We did see a lot of push-back on our first black president. So much so that racism became fashionable again. Those on the right had grudgingly come to accept black people in many walks of life but president was a step too far. There is no other explanation for the extreme reaction from so many of them. You can dislike anyone's politics but how can anyone dislike Barack Obama so intensely on a personal level? There is very little to dislike about the man.

It will be the same if we get President Harris. The right will react with vitriol but the rest will hardly even notice.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I think that depends on the female.

[Image: 2a214f7809751370fc008632a16b94cc.jpg]

............ nope.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I think that she will likely do a good job. Is she Biden or Obama? Of course not. She can't possibly be worse than the chump, and will have associates that can help, as opposed to sycophants who were hired only to help sow chaos.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I think America can accept a female President. I hope we can accept VP Harris over the Shitgibbon.

For the first time in a very long time i am legitimately scared.  Panic
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
I really think 'yes'. In a previous post, I pointed out that 81 million people voted for a female VP in 2020, knowing full well that Biden could die in office.

And in 2016, 65 million people voted for a woman at the top of the ticket.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
If I was American I would vote for anyone to keep Trump out of office!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(July 21, 2024 at 9:05 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: I am not familiar enough with Harris, but I can already imagine how Trump will treat her.

But what of the land known as 'Murica? Do the people want a female president?

At least fifty percent of them should think it's long overdue, sadly I fear it is not this simple. 

I don't blame President Biden for wanting to run against the Donald and defeat him a second time, but I think his late withdrawal might give an advantage, especially to a man devoid of scruples and integrity. he and his crass progeny are already spewing bile to trample Biden's reputation. 

FWIW if ever a man demonstrated he is unfit to run for president, it's the one who violated his oath of office to uphold the constitution. 

Lets hope the Democrats get behind whichever candidate they think is best asap, as the race has already started, and the Donald has likely got a boost from this sad late withdrawal.
Sane America would vote for a potato over Trump. Trump 'Murica will frame her as a DEI candidate because you can say DEI aloud when you're dog whistling.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A majority Catholic country did this LinuxGal 4 799 September 7, 2023 at 5:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 1021 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Kuchma, the president of Ukraine Interaktive 5 1056 June 10, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Silver 11 1653 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 2344 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 32349 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 7927 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  President Biden Silver 74 6524 December 6, 2020 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Ukraine will become a developed country Interaktive 17 999 August 10, 2020 at 5:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Kanye West 2020 President Raino921 40 2749 August 5, 2020 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Dundee