Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 7:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
RE: My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
(July 17, 2018 at 4:46 pm)SteveII Wrote: I want to see an atheist correctly articulate the doctrine of the trinity. Should be easy with most of you claiming to know exactly what Christians believe and how stupid they are to believe it. Go ahead...consider it a triple-dog dare. Lets stick with the most common concept found in the Apostle's Creed.

That's kind of the point really, we have not heard or seen a version of it that does not at some point rely on it being a 'mystery' in some way.
Sure you can define it theologically, but so what ? it still has to make some kind of sense to be believed.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'

Messages In This Thread
RE: My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? - by possibletarian - July 17, 2018 at 6:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 31297 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  "My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?" Was Jesus Really Sinless? Rhondazvous 46 7335 May 14, 2015 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Vicki Q