Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 2:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The world's population should be at most 50 million.
RE: The world's population should be at most 50 million.
(October 9, 2018 at 2:31 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(October 9, 2018 at 2:23 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: See anybody forcing this?

Voluntary, capice??
Sure, sure....we can already get voluntarily sterilized, though..and theres no clear reason why the state would have a compelling interest in incentivizing that.  

Quote:It is likely the poorest will take advantage of such a program - and I doubt any will have any regrets for doing so. 

It might even be a good idea to offer twice as much - as college tuition.
Two problems, already.  Firstly, people have trouble paying tuition already..finding and then awarding twice that amount to people for literally doing nothing seems like a poor return on our tax investment.  Secondly, an economic inducement in the face of poverty strays away from the fundamentally voluntary nature of the proposal.  It becomes deeply coercive.  The same simply cant be said for economic assistence to parents...as no amount of having children will lift one up and out of poverty.  Our government isn't that generous, lol.  Just as a sidebar, you from the US or elsewhere?  I;ve heard other welfare systems described and I can see where people living under those might be coming from..though just changing their welfare system seems to be the less drastic solution.  

Quote:Or do you think poor people WANT to have kids they can ill afford??
Many do, sure.  Like the option being open to you to be sterilized, we seek to preserve that option for them.  If either of the two of you need government assistance..it's the folks with kids.

I'm still stuck on solving what problems we have before we go floating around the idea of getting rid of all the poors.  Things like climate change and resource consumption, for example, are not issues of poor people creating a shortfall.  They're the ones suffering it, lol.

" no clear reason"????

Holy shit.

There' s almost 9 billion reasons.

Every major problem on this planet can go back to one cause - human overpopulation.

If we had 1/10th of the population we do - global climate change would become a much lesser threat. Starvation would cease to exist. Alternative energy would be closer to reality.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The world's population should be at most 50 million. - by onlinebiker - October 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Population boom lifesagift 58 10832 December 18, 2014 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
Star Milky Way Could Contain 100 Million Planets with Complex Life MountainsWinAgain 3 1294 June 1, 2014 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  120 Million Years Ago...not 6,000 Minimalist 4 2602 March 10, 2012 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman