Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 7:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trevon Revisited again, unfortunately...
RE: Trevon Revisited again, unfortunately...
(May 8, 2020 at 2:10 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: From what I can tell. There was a robbery in their area. They heard about it, got their guns and went out driving looking for the fella. Saw an unarmed black man running and shot him. This is called doing a "Liam Neeson".

They weren't even arrested at the time for what certainly looks like murder.

The fact that Neeson figured out that was a horrible thing that shouldn't happen before actually having a chance to do it aside, there really wasn't much to that burglary narrative. The only known burglaries in that neighbourhood around that time were the theft of $2500 in fishing gear a month prior, and the theft of a 9mm that one of them had left in their unlocked car. There were reports of a trespasser at another house, but that guy was light-skinned and had tattoos on his arms and Ahmaud was darker-shaded and didn't have tattoos. Obviously an inexcusable oversight, but frankly within character for shit like this. I don't remember which book exactly, but I remember that Malcolm Gladwell once talked about an incident where he was profiled by cops in I think New York City, and it turned out that literally the only thing that Malcolm and the suspect had in common was black skin, and I'm sure that the perp was a different shade of black than Malcolm.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Messages In This Thread
Trevon Revisited again, unfortunately... - by Brian37 - May 8, 2020 at 11:56 am
RE: Trevon Revisited again, unfortunately... - by Rev. Rye - May 8, 2020 at 3:08 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Cake Case Revisited Foxaèr 108 26972 October 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet