Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 5:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy wallstreet demands
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands
Quote:Yes, if you are more skilled, you may get the job, depending on how much the company wants to pay. Nothing in what you just said explained how there being no jobs does not mean there are no jobs, which seems to be what you are trying to convey.
Well, there is a job shortage, which is why there is unemployment.
It's also not always tied to your education, which explains the unemployment of educated people in my country.
As I said, what I'm trying to find out is where exactly the employers see a surplus, and where a demand.
Quote:How much a job pays has nothing to do with how many jobs there are. Now, you are making it sound as if people are not finding jobs because they are not condescending to work lower paying jobs. That is not the case.
Well, that's not what I said. Lower paying jobs are generally demanding people of fewer experience, or fewer qualifications. Like you can't be the CEO of a company just with a bachelor's degree.
People who seek work in their respective sectors often have to start somewhere, and move up from there, if their trade actually offers such an opportunity.
Quote:*sigh* No, kilic. I am suggesting that our financial situation be more conducive to small businesses that open up local jobs.
Well, that's what we have in Turkey. However, small businesses also hire enough as to fulfill their demand. Unless there are more people who start up businesses(which is also a risk, as there is the risk of the business going downhill...).
Again, here, how do you propose the government helps here?
Quote:In this scenario, the banks are some of the companies of which I speak. A bank is a company. At any rate, people are complaining to the banks. Where are you getting your information about OWS?
I know. But I just wanted to make sure we're talking about the same stuff. Complaining against banks isn't really productive, though. Banks do not force you to accept loans. And people are depositing money in those banks, so.
Quote:I can't do anything but shake my head at this. What the hell are you talking about? There are plenty of skilled people out of work. I know a licensed electrician with 14 years of experience who cannot find work in his area and has not been able to for two years!!
I did not say that all skilled workers actually have a job. I already said that certain sectors have surplus of people that work there.
It's not like they're not hiring him even though there is a place for that job.
Quote:I'm sorry, but there is no "we." Don't you live in Turkey? I typically do not bring up borders, as it is kind of silly, but there really is nothing *you* can do to create more jobs in the U.S. What I suggest this country does to create more jobs is to restrict the reach of the federal government. The federal government outlaws a number of things that should be handled on the state level. These things could open up jobs in several states. That is just one example, but a good one.
I didn't mean that by saying "we". I know that I can't do anything to increase the supply of jobs in the US.
What exactly is the federal government doing wrong?
We have a centralized government(meaning no individual states or autonomous regions), so I don't know how this would differ if the states and federal government would handle this any different.
Quote:In this case, separating the government from the businesses, so we are not voting for politicians who are not working for us.
Well, that's what the US government is all about. Capitalism does not allow for state owned enterprises...However, that's not what you're talking about, is it.
You mean the lobbying that the corporations have running in America?
Well, lobbies do not just exist for corporations, they exist for many things, so I suggest that you outlaw these aswell(which would actually benefit my country in more than one ways). Even without the lobbies, corporations will always have some sort of a hand in the government, since corruption cannot be halted, and politicians are in one way, and the other, tied to corporations.

Quote:The government should not have intervened, no matter the circumstances. Furthermore, it has been shown that the money was very poorly spent. The government had no right to intervene. The federal government overstepped.
And this should have probably sparked an investigation by the supreme court.
Quote:No, not just the one time bailout. Our government is virtually inextricably linked with corporate money.
On what level, to be exact?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Messages In This Thread
Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 18, 2011 at 11:28 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Minimalist - November 18, 2011 at 12:27 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 18, 2011 at 9:02 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by paintpooper - November 21, 2011 at 5:49 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by theVOID - November 21, 2011 at 9:04 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by paintpooper - November 18, 2011 at 4:23 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Minimalist - November 18, 2011 at 9:10 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 18, 2011 at 9:22 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 19, 2011 at 1:35 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 19, 2011 at 6:37 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Zen Badger - November 19, 2011 at 6:51 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 19, 2011 at 7:02 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 19, 2011 at 9:54 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 12:15 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 20, 2011 at 5:23 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 8:56 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Anymouse - November 21, 2011 at 9:55 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 21, 2011 at 11:36 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by theVOID - November 21, 2011 at 11:39 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 22, 2011 at 12:58 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Phaedra - November 22, 2011 at 1:06 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 22, 2011 at 1:28 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Phaedra - November 22, 2011 at 12:05 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 20, 2011 at 9:14 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 9:49 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 20, 2011 at 10:06 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 10:41 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 20, 2011 at 10:58 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 11:48 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 12:09 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 21, 2011 at 1:22 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 1:57 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 21, 2011 at 10:29 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 5:31 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Skeptical_Nurse - November 21, 2011 at 1:59 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 2:02 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Phaedra - November 21, 2011 at 5:01 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 21, 2011 at 6:01 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Mister Agenda - November 22, 2011 at 12:57 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 22, 2011 at 6:13 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 5:05 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Mister Agenda - November 21, 2011 at 3:18 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by theVOID - November 21, 2011 at 10:30 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Autumnlicious - November 21, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  occupy wall street nintendo048 23 6055 March 31, 2014 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Russian forces occupy the Crimea. Mr. Moncrieff 131 16978 March 20, 2014 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Democracy, religion, women and equality. Justice demands affirmative action. Greatest I am 11 7566 January 27, 2012 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Pagan/Wiccan police ask for tolerance at Occupy protests. Anymouse 0 1344 November 29, 2011 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Anymouse
  Fox news smears occupy protestor reverendjeremiah 29 6497 November 28, 2011 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Tear gas fired at occupy Oakland. reverendjeremiah 5 1234 October 28, 2011 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Occupy Wall Street searchingforanswers 91 18919 October 13, 2011 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Occupy Wall Street Fail thesummerqueen 15 3359 October 3, 2011 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious