Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2026, 11:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Due process possibly being abolished. Article & Petition Explaining.
#11
RE: Due process possibly being abolished. Article & Petition Explaining.
(December 11, 2011 at 10:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I simply see no need to misinterpret it.


I would not trust Barack Obama with such power. Can you imagine any of the piles of shit running for the GOP nomination having it?

Bush "re-interpreted" the law to allow torture. Lawyers are whores, Shel. You can always pay one to do what you want done.

Another thing I completely agree on. I'm not saying I like the idea at all. I wouldn't trust any person to decide who gets the rights we enjoy and who doesn't. It's all or none, in my opinion. I'm simply sick of hearing idiots rave on and on, living in legitimate fear, simply because they didn't read past a headline. Sure, there is reason to fear such a thing from happening. However, it is not what they think it is.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Due process possibly being abolished. Article & Petition Explaining. - by Shell B - December 11, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 34148 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Petition to abolish the Electoral College Kitan Etos 44 9159 October 19, 2020 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump's Base is Possibly Growing Yonadav 66 15470 February 25, 2019 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Athene
  [Serious] Arrested Citizens Being Tortured In Saudi Arabia WinterHold 0 764 February 21, 2019 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  "intellectual"Ben cukpiro:Congresspeople Being ‘Bought & Paid For’ Is ‘Pretty Rare’ Cepheus Ace 0 600 February 15, 2019 at 2:57 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  This is Why ICE Should Be Abolished Minimalist 2 1137 September 13, 2018 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  FOX Being Dragged Down By Their Anchor Minimalist 10 3561 August 23, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Article in the NYT looking at liberal vs conservative polarization Whateverist 16 5277 March 12, 2018 at 2:52 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  DRUMPFUCKS BEING DICKS Vol. I Minimalist 390 114999 December 21, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Finally Fox [Faux] News is being called out for their shit NuclearEnergy 3 2398 December 16, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)