Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 2:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress.
RE: The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress.
@Nishant Xavier

Quote:Yes, I am assuming that. Natural Numbers are Numbers that exist in Nature. How can there be being -3 (the -3rd being in existence) for e.g? There can be First Being in existence, 2nd Being in existence, and so on. And also, regarding 0, unless you want to say "there are 0 Elephants in the locker" is a meaningful statement, 0 would not be a natural number; certainly there is no such thing as a "zeroth being".

Have you never dug a hole (which we know exists in nature)? Consider the starting point before digging as zero. Then start digging and pile the dirt from the hole into one spot. The pile becomes the positive (expansion), the hole becomes the negative (regression). So the surface of the ground is zero and has infinite space/time on either side. The more you pile up adds to infinite expansion. The more you take out is infinite regression. This can go on forever. Yet the never ending bottom of the hole exists. So the possibility of infinite regression can exist, which does not help tommies claim that infinite regression can't exist. Tommies argument comes from a presupposition that there is a god, which in itself is at best an assumption/assertion used to validate his personal belief/faith.

I've made this as simple as I can for you. Infinite expansion and regression are two sides on the same coin. Let me know if you actually understand.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress. - by brewer - July 5, 2023 at 10:40 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fine Tuning Principle: Devastating Disproof and Scientific Refutation of Atheism. Nishant Xavier 97 10011 September 20, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Silver
  An infinite progress FortyTwo 185 19416 September 13, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Anthropic Principle vs Goddidit Coffee Jesus 39 6417 April 24, 2014 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  "The Judeo-Christian God Is Infinite"-Einstein michaelsherlock 7 3260 April 13, 2012 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Phil