Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 12:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress.
RE: The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress.
(July 6, 2023 at 8:40 pm)Nishant Xavier Wrote: Btw, you blatantly contradicted yourself when you said: "The universe itself qualifies as a potential first cause."

Yet earlier you said: "Misrepresentation #2. No one here said that the universe was a "first cause". Au contraire, according to the big bang model, most people here will claim that the universe is definitely NOT a "first cause"."
Jesus F. Christ, you are really dense.

IF your first cause theory would hold water, the universe would qualify as first cause. IN YOUR LITTLE IGNORANT WORLD it would.
Educated people do not ascribe to this fallacious idea at all, since they dont believe in first causes. Because we actually dont know what happened "before" T=10^-34s. Ergo, they dont think the universe is a first cause.

(July 6, 2023 at 8:40 pm)Nishant Xavier Wrote: Deese: understanding of a 6 yr old? Lol. Heard of IIMs? They're the best Management Institution in India. Some 1 BN Indians aim to get into them, and 2000-3000 do every year(and it was less in my time than it is now), and I was one of them. Also, right now, I work in a top US Investment Bank, and so yeah, I'm fairly good at Math and stuff, thank you very much. 
What the fuck? Are you now arguing that being able to calculate stuff, and having a fooking management degree makes you qualified to bastardize philosophy and science? Do you think THATS a good excuse for your ignorance?

I went o one of the best electronics faculties in Germany, ended up at the bottom of the upper 3rd of the population. Does that make ME right? It certainly makes me more qualified than you, but our claims must have their own merits.
Your claims, they have none.

Have you changed your opinion in the meantime on m-eve and her sisters descendants having died out?
Have you learned that Stalin does not, and can not stand for Atheism?
Have you worked on how to argue about contingency, causality and beings in the absence of time and space?
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress. - by Deesse23 - July 7, 2023 at 2:28 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fine Tuning Principle: Devastating Disproof and Scientific Refutation of Atheism. Nishant Xavier 97 7518 September 20, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  An infinite progress FortyTwo 185 15566 September 13, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Anthropic Principle vs Goddidit Coffee Jesus 39 5639 April 24, 2014 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  "The Judeo-Christian God Is Infinite"-Einstein michaelsherlock 7 3087 April 13, 2012 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Phil