Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 12:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress.
RE: The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress.
(July 13, 2023 at 8:46 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(July 13, 2023 at 8:33 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: Please quote where I said what a "First Cause would have to be like". 
Again, you don't get to tell me what's in my brain. 
I said/meant "if there were such a thing" it would have to be demonstrated. 
It's really not that difficult. 

So in fact you *do* say, that my agnostic position with regard to Pink Sparkly Unicorns is a metaphysic. LOL

I don't need an introduction, ... but thanks for confirming "arrogant and pedantic". 
I am not concerned with your beliefs, and if I need you to think for me, I'll be sure and ask. 
If I don't think about things BY YOUR DEFINITIONS, and methods, or how you find valuable, ...  that's not my problem, and there is no reason why I should.
Most people learn that before they are 10.
Right now, there is no evidence for a First Cause, however that's defined, and no known coherent definition. whatever that actually means. 
If and when there is, I may consider changing from "no position".

C'mon Buck.  That book has almost 400 Amazon reviews.  It's got to be amazing.

It's Bel being Bel.  SSDD

What do you expect when his metaphysical position is “a statement is as true as any other if someone I like said it and some others people can be found who apparently profess to think that the someone was very wise”

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress. - by Anomalocaris - July 13, 2023 at 9:16 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fine Tuning Principle: Devastating Disproof and Scientific Refutation of Atheism. Nishant Xavier 97 7510 September 20, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  An infinite progress FortyTwo 185 15549 September 13, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Anthropic Principle vs Goddidit Coffee Jesus 39 5637 April 24, 2014 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  "The Judeo-Christian God Is Infinite"-Einstein michaelsherlock 7 3087 April 13, 2012 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Phil