Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 2:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress.
RE: The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress.
(July 15, 2023 at 11:39 am)Loaded dice Wrote:
(July 15, 2023 at 11:02 am)Angrboda Wrote: I can conceive of a square circle provided it is placed correctly in a specific non-Euclidian space.  Is it possible?  I don't know.  I'm not sure conceiving tells us much one way or the other.

The classical problem of squaring a circle is impossible in euclidian spaces. If you change the space, you change the problem.

And, for the record, it is possible to square a circle in some non euclidian frameworks.

(July 15, 2023 at 11:32 am)emjay Wrote: Unless you can conceive of how something is logically possible, I don't think you've truly conceived of it in any logically meaningful sense.

Not necessarily. People conceived of airplanes centuries ago, without knowing how to make them. And still, no one can deny that it's thanks to their wild dreams and ambitions that we have airplanes today.

So someone will make allah for you because you have dreams and ambitions of being slave to allah and this “owning” atheists?

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress. - by Anomalocaris - July 15, 2023 at 11:43 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fine Tuning Principle: Devastating Disproof and Scientific Refutation of Atheism. Nishant Xavier 97 7596 September 20, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  An infinite progress FortyTwo 185 15623 September 13, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Anthropic Principle vs Goddidit Coffee Jesus 39 5651 April 24, 2014 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  "The Judeo-Christian God Is Infinite"-Einstein michaelsherlock 7 3092 April 13, 2012 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Phil