Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 8:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran
RE: New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran
(July 20, 2023 at 3:38 pm)Leonardo17 Wrote:
(July 16, 2023 at 3:42 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: So then it isn't about destroying the book.

Again spiritual perspective:

The only issue with the book is how much of it you are able to understand from that book. And that works for all religious scriptures. And there are stories in which the message is: “You can cast aside all religious practices if you want to, for only God knows who is able to understand spiritual realities and who is not”.

So this is just another act of provocation.

Another spiritual perspective:

This is the human ego to it’s extreme. In a country like Sweden you can really blame the lack of education or the dysfunctional family of this guy. This is just the limited sense of self. The failure of an individual to connect with something that is present in all human beings. Instead of being connected to our common denominator (B), he is connected to a fear-based sense of identity (A). And the issue of all true religion is to try to move from A to B.

This guy is very close to (A) but he has (as a human being) the ability to wake up to what he really is (See “American History X” – 1998). And that’s why we as spiritual people tend to focus on that rather to attack this guy.

Still: I am a believer in some legal consequences to actions like that in countries with important Muslim minorities Smile

Why stop at Muslim books? Maybe we should have legal consequences for burning Dr. Seuss books in countries with important toddler minorities. We could fine or jail people for setting light to ‘Huckleberry Finn’ in countries with an important minority of people who live near rivers. Bastinado would be fitting for burning dictionaries in countries with an important minority of people who use words.

Any other forms of free expression you’d like to jump up and down on?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - July 20, 2023 at 3:54 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 89 3860 May 1, 2024 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20738 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1374 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4654 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2984 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 49200 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 13213 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 877 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 15603 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  [Quranic Reflection]: acttion against Macron's insult in the light of the Quran. WinterHold 56 7816 November 3, 2020 at 10:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate