Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 2:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress.
RE: The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress.
CCC 1263 on the effects of Baptism: "1263 By Baptism all sins are forgiven, original sin and all personal sins, as well as all punishment for sin.66 In those who have been reborn nothing remains that would impede their entry into the Kingdom of God, neither Adam's sin, nor personal sin, nor the consequences of sin, the gravest of which is separation from God." (CCC 1263).

I may lack many things, Angrboda, but the discussion is not about me. [I am striving for Sanctity, but I don't claim to be a saint. God will make Saints of those who surrender their lives to Him and live in obedience to Him.] The discussion is about whether a First Cause of the Universe exists, an Eternal First Being who caused all Temporal Beings to begin to exist. The evidences given earlier in this thread fairly make the case for that. Since Bn depends on Bn-1 for all temporal n, this series could not go on until infinity. Granted that we got here, there was a being B2, who depended on a non-Temporal, i.e. Eternal B1. Since there was no B0, B1 is Eternal, i.e. has no Beginning or End.

The reasons for this were given earlier. Anyone who actually ends up counting to infinity may show me his results, and I'll concede the Argument. Lol.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress. - by Nishant Xavier - July 22, 2023 at 1:12 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fine Tuning Principle: Devastating Disproof and Scientific Refutation of Atheism. Nishant Xavier 97 10011 September 20, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Silver
  An infinite progress FortyTwo 185 19416 September 13, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Anthropic Principle vs Goddidit Coffee Jesus 39 6417 April 24, 2014 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  "The Judeo-Christian God Is Infinite"-Einstein michaelsherlock 7 3260 April 13, 2012 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Phil