Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 12:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the Quran support Theocracy?
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy?
(March 27, 2024 at 11:05 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: Yet there is a deeper meaning in that too. That deeper meaning does not just come to you through some book or religious indoctrination. It’s a reality that can be understood intellectually (on some level). But it can only be known by direct experience. That direct experience is what I call genuine spirituality. That’s my way of understanding it.

If you mean direct experience, such as vision, various other sensory data and emotions, yes I suppose you can call that as spiritual. There is a sense of an “I am a conscious being”.

(March 27, 2024 at 11:05 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: This later is better. Because our prophet did not display some “miracles” like the prophets before him. My conviction is that the Universe simply realigns itself and most of the time it does so through real people (like you and me) and in this way his will is done no matter what.

Because of that the Etymology of Islam is not to put bombs everywhere and murder whoever you can murder but to surrender meaning that His will is going to be done no matter what.

There is no way to tell who is a prophet and who is not.
Obviously some people though that there was something special about Mohamed.
I’m guessing he impressed his friends by saying some sentences, the kind of stuff that you find in the Bible.

It is possible that the universe aligns itself and the people place bombs since that is the will of the jewish god. How would you know that it is not the will of the jewish god?

So, there needs to be some kind of test established that a person takes to determine if he is a prophet and we can print a license for him.
The better solution is for the alien to just talk to everyone.

(March 27, 2024 at 11:05 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: 5) I think he is talking about:
“Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Again: the thinking of the world is 180 degree the opposite of God.

The above comes into conflict with

Ecclesiastes 9:10 KING JAMES VERSION
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do [it] with thy might; for [there is] no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

^^^^^A dead person goes to the grave.
Jews believe that they don’t have a spirit. That the soul just means a machine that functions.

Of course, religions evolve over time. New leaders come along and have new ideas.

(March 27, 2024 at 11:05 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: “40 “Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. 41 Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward.”

I am not going to welcome random individuals to my house.
The idea of going to some random person’s house and just knocking and they let you in and you eat their food and take a bath and use their stuff sounds like idealism but who wants to open their door to some random person and let them use their stuff?
There are hotels and motels for that. If someone is homeless, there are government programs for that and we pay taxes so that those programs work.

There are other idealistic comments in the Bible, such as turn the other cheek.
That is pretty bad advice.
You would accept being violated, raped, your things stolen, your land conquered?
Would your god accept that? Can I rape him and beat him up and he would turn the other cheek?

At one point Jesus says, don’t worry about what you put in the body. Worry about your soul.
Unfortunately, reality demands that we eat properly, we exercise. The body is a machine and you have to take care of it.

I have seen what that leads to. I had a family member that would not bathe, would not look for a job.

I understand their POV. These guys have this notion that the “material world” is not good and they want to go to some other utopean universe.

(March 27, 2024 at 11:05 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: 7) As far as I know the Jews murdered Jesus because they decided that he was not the Messiah they have been waiting for. Just like today with their attitude of extreme Zionism, back in the days they expected a different more earthly “Messiah”. So when Jesus came with his teachings of love, and compassion, and forgiveness, and “Kingdom of heaven” they just hated him

That would be part of the reason. If you are claiming to be the savior of Israel, then you better be good at it.
Like I said, Israel was probably conquered by Rome for a long while. They probably executed the jewish soldiers and along with it, probably the entire royal class.
There was a need for a savior from their god. Their was an expectation that a savior would be sent one day.
Probably that happened a bunch of times. The savior came, motivated the people, and the roman army put them in their place.
After a while, the priestly class are going to get accused of instigated disorder.
The priestly class in order to survive, would have to cooperate with the Romans, point out who is a trouble maker.
The new messiah gets killed and peace gets kept but how would the followers of the messiah feel about the priestly class?

(March 27, 2024 at 11:05 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: So many religion have this concept of “The end of days / the end of time”

Think about it. Isn’t ancient man going to ask some of these basic questions?
How did it start?
Was there an Earth forever or did the gods make it?
What was the sequence of events? (See Genesis for the jewish version for this)
Why do I exist? What is the meaning of like?
Why does stuff exist?
What happened to my son when he died? Did he turn into worm food?
What happened to my dead parents?

Is it going to be like this forever? For the tanakh, the original ending might be this:

Malachi 4:5 KING JAMES VERSION
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: {4:6} And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

^^^^^Apparently, the author didn’t have much to say about the end of days. I know that other jewish priests have written a lot of text but I have not read them.
Anyway, for the Bible, someone decided to stick Revelation in the end of the Bible.
Apparently, the author lacks talent or something. The europeans did not find it enjoyable and most did not want Revelations to be included in the Bible.
Or maybe Revelation makes Jesus look like a psycho and it doesn’t fit with the peace & love Jesus.

(March 27, 2024 at 11:05 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: Saying that the earth is 6000 years old is the same thing as political Islamists

I disagree. That is not about politics. It is about deciding that the holy text is perfect, crystal clear, a text that tells us real history and science. It also has to do with tradition.

(March 27, 2024 at 11:05 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: The Bible states that some prophets live 500 years the other 400 year, so they add all the prophet and they obtain a number like 586 (or something like that). That’s not how I read the scriptures. Scriptures are there to explain subtle spiritual realities. Determining the age of the planet is the area of Geology.

The Bible describes a chain of events starting from Genesis 1:1, so it is the reasonable thing to do, to add the ages of the people.
After all, the info is suppose to come from an all knowing scientist (the jewish god) so, maybe he has some info in there about the age of the universe, and more.
What is wrong in believing that you can populate the Earth with 1 female and 1 male? The stuff written in Genesis would sound reasonable to a primitive human.
Some people ask, why does god take 6 days to create stuff? So what. He can do whatever he wants.
In other words, there isn’t anything in there that contradicts the science of the 1200 BCE.

(March 27, 2024 at 11:05 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: Emperor Constantine converted to Christianity in his deathbed. And before dying that was his legacy “One God / One Emperor”. So this was the origin of the unification of Church and state (in the Western world)

You mean this Constantine?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_Great

He became a christian at age 40, year 312.
He died at age 65.
It is said that his mother converted him to christianity.
At one point, Constantine went to war and he saw an omen. He saw a cross in the sky, a voice that said in my name, conquer. They one that war and so, the soldiers took it as a sign that christianity is the correct religion and they converted to christianity.

(March 27, 2024 at 11:05 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: Hindus believe in one God “Brahma” (He wo is not). All the other Gods are actually “aspects” of that Singular Reality. The Religion of Akhenaten (1350 BC) was also that. The Sun disc was the origin of all the other Gods. In other “pagan” cosmologies. There is always this “All-father” (the God who created all the other Gods).

So I see that as “The Ultimate reality”. I think people simply switched to monotheism because of this. Polytheism made everything more complicated (that’s my theory).

Sounds like you are saying that the god has a brain. It seems to be popular to believe that the god has a personality (brain).

(March 27, 2024 at 11:05 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: I tried to explain these stuff to Grandnudger before you: People (meaning the Ego) likes to travesties everything it perceives as a threat. True religion is the ultimate threat to the existence of the Ego. So the Older a religious teaching, the more artificial stuff will be added and the more real stuff will be extracted from it. Many spiritual paths require us to meditate or pay at least 2 times a day (in the morning and in the evening). Praying 5 times a day is another option. It help us to refocus our Ego-based perception back toward our True-Self (this in turn does help us in our day to day issues) Again: Deeper issue.

Sounds like you are saying the rule about pork is just nonsense and should not have been there since day 1.
The rule about praying 5 times a day is not a requirement anymore.

Messages In This Thread
Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - December 9, 2023 at 3:23 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Foxaèr - December 9, 2023 at 3:26 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by The Grand Nudger - December 9, 2023 at 5:52 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Anomalocaris - December 9, 2023 at 5:59 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Thumpalumpacus - December 10, 2023 at 12:47 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - December 10, 2023 at 5:01 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by The Grand Nudger - December 10, 2023 at 10:20 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Fake Messiah - December 10, 2023 at 5:54 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - December 16, 2023 at 7:44 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by The Grand Nudger - December 16, 2023 at 9:38 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Ferrocyanide - March 21, 2024 at 9:47 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - March 26, 2024 at 9:06 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Ferrocyanide - March 26, 2024 at 11:25 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - March 27, 2024 at 11:05 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Ferrocyanide - March 28, 2024 at 2:17 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - March 29, 2024 at 8:51 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Ferrocyanide - March 29, 2024 at 11:10 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Brian37 - March 26, 2024 at 10:57 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 2, 2024 at 11:05 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Ferrocyanide - April 8, 2024 at 11:01 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 5, 2024 at 11:33 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Foxaèr - April 9, 2024 at 2:18 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 11, 2024 at 10:36 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Ferrocyanide - April 19, 2024 at 4:51 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 13, 2024 at 1:32 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Foxaèr - April 13, 2024 at 1:41 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 14, 2024 at 5:42 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by arewethereyet - April 14, 2024 at 6:23 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Rev. Rye - April 14, 2024 at 9:21 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by arewethereyet - April 14, 2024 at 9:51 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 16, 2024 at 7:07 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Jamie Boy - April 16, 2024 at 9:17 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by arewethereyet - April 16, 2024 at 9:22 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Ferrocyanide - April 19, 2024 at 10:41 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by arewethereyet - April 19, 2024 at 11:00 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 20, 2024 at 8:18 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Mister Agenda - April 19, 2024 at 1:23 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Angrboda - April 16, 2024 at 10:27 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by arewethereyet - April 16, 2024 at 10:30 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 19, 2024 at 8:43 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Nay_Sayer - April 19, 2024 at 12:42 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by arewethereyet - April 19, 2024 at 12:45 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Angrboda - April 19, 2024 at 12:51 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Foxaèr - April 19, 2024 at 12:54 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Nay_Sayer - April 19, 2024 at 1:56 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 20, 2024 at 1:55 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 21, 2024 at 8:59 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by arewethereyet - April 21, 2024 at 9:16 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 21, 2024 at 6:46 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by arewethereyet - April 21, 2024 at 8:16 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 22, 2024 at 2:05 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Ferrocyanide - April 23, 2024 at 10:57 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Belacqua - April 22, 2024 at 5:15 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 22, 2024 at 2:24 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Ferrocyanide - April 22, 2024 at 10:26 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 24, 2024 at 12:05 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Ferrocyanide - April 25, 2024 at 11:16 am
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by arewethereyet - April 25, 2024 at 1:39 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 26, 2024 at 5:38 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Leonardo17 - April 26, 2024 at 4:43 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Ferrocyanide - April 29, 2024 at 12:33 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by arewethereyet - April 26, 2024 at 5:19 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Foxaèr - April 29, 2024 at 12:37 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by Angrboda - May 1, 2024 at 4:21 pm
RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy? - by brewer - May 1, 2024 at 5:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 10062 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20856 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1542 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4824 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 3137 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 49415 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 14082 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 911 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 16805 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  [Quranic Reflection]: acttion against Macron's insult in the light of the Quran. WinterHold 56 8125 November 3, 2020 at 10:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate