Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2026, 11:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Self-Rejection, Self-Sacrifice, Self-Denial VS Egoism, Earthly Pleasures, Hedonism
#27
RE: Self-Rejection, Self-Sacrifice, Self-Denial VS Egoism, Earthly Pleasures, Hedonism
(February 27, 2025 at 2:10 am)Ahriman Wrote: I always quit doing something when I realize I can't make money doing it....happened when I tried to learn how to draw, play guitar, play basketball, etc.

They can make money, it’s just that only the top level pros or at least an advanced level do those things.
For drawing self-promote commissions or print & sell copies of artworks, for guitar perform in a band on top of the practice, for basketball just train to a high level and play frequently, unless your innate abilities make it impossible to do so.

Is your self-pleasure intrinsically tied to how much money you can make? You can’t enjoy just doing hobbies for the sake of doing them even without the money?
All I want is a private utopia vacuum just enough for myself. But I’m NOT selfish, it’d be nice if everyone else also had theirs, it’d be much better if everyone just follows their self-interests, that way no one is bothered. By self-interests I mean normal hobbies and desires, I don’t condone anything that threatens anyone’s peaceful lives.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Self-Rejection, Self-Sacrifice, Self-Denial VS Egoism, Earthly Pleasures, Hedonism - by AB Caro - February 27, 2025 at 2:30 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there other paradoxes analogous to the so-called "Paradox of Hedonism"? Porcupine 4 1578 July 17, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  [Serious] An Argument For Ethical Egoism SenseMaker007 29 8952 June 19, 2019 at 6:30 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My new support for hedonism Transcended Dimensions 28 7921 March 17, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Is the idea of self a coherent concept? bennyboy 5 2315 January 1, 2017 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Is the self all that can be known to exist? Excited Penguin 132 41508 December 15, 2016 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Self-Validating Empirical Epistemology? Ignorant 69 21808 May 26, 2016 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Does a "True Self" Exist? Salacious B. Crumb 68 27267 July 17, 2015 at 6:11 am
Last Post: chasbanner
  Necessary First Principles, Self-Evident Truths Mudhammam 4 2633 July 10, 2015 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  THE SELF-REINFORCING NATURE OF SOCIAL HIERARCHY: ORIGINS AND CONSEQUENCES OF POWER .. nihilistcat 9 5964 June 29, 2015 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: nihilistcat
  Would you do this sacrifice? Mystic 36 11770 December 3, 2014 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)