Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new support for hedonism
My new support for hedonism
Hedonism is a philosophy which states that pleasure is the only good thing in life.  I have come up with my own arguments to support hedonism.  I think these arguments could possibly be breakthrough discoveries.  However, this is way too long for me to present here.  Besides, it cannot fit within this post.  I have written a whole book on it and I have written a summary of my book.  For now, I will just present the book summary which also has the Q&A Section to it for more important information and further support for hedonism.  This is a link to my Deviant Art journal which has the book summary.  Read what you can of it and respond.  If you can read all of it and give a full response to all of it, then that would be lovely:

http://fav.me/dc41lib
RE: My new support for hedonism
[Image: giphy.gif]
I’ll get right on that just as soon as I pull all the hairs off of my arm, one at a time.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(March 3, 2018 at 2:44 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: I’ll get right on that just as soon as I pull all the hairs off of my arm, one at a time.

Can I watch? Naughty
"Philosophy is to the real world as masturbation is to sex". Karl Marx
Do you ever do anything that -isn't- some sort of breakthrough product of an enlightened mind and talent?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I have revised my opening statement and I will just post it here:

Opening Statement/Summary: I might have actually been wrong when I said that our basic emotions are a sense in my book. But I still think they are a feeling version of value and that they are the chemical message to our brains that things are good, beautiful, bad, horrible, or disgusting. Our morality and intellect alone cannot be any real message of value to our brains. It can only give us the thought of certain values and the belief that our lives have value, but not any real message of value to our brains. Having the real message of value to our brains is how we as human beings perceive real value in regards to certain things, moments, people, and situations. Without that real message, then we can only perceive the idea of value, but not any real value.

Thus, we would not be able to see any real value in our lives and we could only just have ideas in our minds of our lives having value. But humanity is currently being fooled into believing that the ideas themselves are the real perception of value when they never were. This is what I discuss in this packet. Lastly, if we live in a spiritual universe rather than a purely naturalistic one, then our basic emotions would be where our spirits/souls get the real message that things have value and worth in our lives. Our basic emotions would, thus, be the soul's inner light and inner darkness. The inner light is the message that things are good and beautiful while the inner darkness would be the message that things are bad, horrible, and disgusting.

How I feel is the only thing that determines the value of my life. As long as I feel pleasant emotions such as happiness, joy, excitement, and beauty from things, moments, and situations, then I perceive those things, moments, and situations as something profoundly joyful, good, and beautiful. As long as I cannot feel any unpleasant emotions such as misery, disgust, hopelessness, and rage in regards to things in my life, then I cannot perceive any horrible or disgusting value in regards to anything in my life. Thus, even the most tragic event in my life such as the loss of my mother would not bother me at all as long as I could not feel any sadness or despair from her loss. I need to feel unpleasant emotions in order to perceive/experience the tragedy and horror of her loss.

Sure, I could have the idea in my mind that her loss was something horrible. But I would not be able to perceive that horrible value without my unpleasant emotions which is why her loss would not matter to me. Likewise, I need to feel pleasant emotions in order to perceive/experience the joy, beauty, and good value of things in this life. This personal experience clearly tells me that emotions are the real message of value to our brains and that our morality, character, and intellect alone cannot give our brains that message.

I am led to believe that other people are in denial of their personal experience to conclude otherwise and this is what I further expand on and talk about in the Q&A Section. I have had blissful dreams where I have felt profoundly beautiful bliss. It was something profoundly moving. In other words, this blissful state brought my life profound joy and beauty.

I cannot possibly fathom my morality, character, and intellect alone yielding such a profoundly beautiful and joyful experience in my life. Thus, this is another reason why I conclude that no mindset or attitude alone without the pleasant emotions can be any real source of beauty and joy in my life. It is another reason why I conclude that other people have to be delusional to somehow think that values founded upon morality, character, and intellect are real values.

My positive emotions are what make things, moments, and situations in my life come alive in beauty and joy while my negative emotions make things, moments, and situations come alive in horror, disgust, and tragedy. In addition, I need my positive emotions in order to like and enjoy things in my life such as my hobbies and certain television shows such as anime. But, as I explain soon, positive emotions are very fleeting things. It is very unfortunate that the only thing that can make our lives good and beautiful (our positive emotions) is something very fleeting.
Thanks for your exercise in futility. Didn't read a word.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
. . . and this kid can still buy a gun, I'm guessing.
Sniff more glue imo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there other paradoxes analogous to the so-called "Paradox of Hedonism"? Porcupine 4 457 July 17, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  In support of the rage of man bennyboy 244 11161 April 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Support of a claim pshun2404 13 4260 August 18, 2013 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: FallentoReason
  Hedonism My imaginary friend is GOD 7 1340 February 14, 2013 at 8:29 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  Atheism and Life Support Freedom 12 3562 January 4, 2012 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko