Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 12:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability
(March 7, 2012 at 7:42 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(March 7, 2012 at 7:25 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: What if one of those women wanted to? I'm just wondering what your distaste in it is.

I don't find it distasteful. It's potentially dangerous and has a stigma they don't need. They are women that I love.

Have you ever met someone who didn't do it for the money? Alei can say anything she wants, but her comments here make it clear she does it for the money. I'm sure if she had the means, she would spend that time with her kids instead.

Do you write for the money? Can you not do something for the money and still love doing it? I would never deny that I started doing for the money, but I do enjoy doing it. Especially my burlesque years. I probably would've done that for free because it was so much fun. I can't spend time with my kids while they're sleeping, which has made dancing ideal for earning money, and having plenty of free time with my children during their waking hours.

Quote:I would say that those who do not do it for money are statistically insignificant or (no offense) do it for other reasons, such as fulfillment of a need for attention.

Is that not okay? You could just as easily say that actors do what they do to fulfill a need for attention. Feeling the need for attention is very common in both sexes. Some people brood about it, I suppose, and some people go out and get it.

Also, I would never call prostitutes "whores", or the establishments they work "whorehouses".

I've known several prostitutes who were nice, nonjudgmental people, and I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings, but that's just me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability - by Bgood - March 9, 2012 at 12:22 am
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability - by Erinome - March 7, 2012 at 8:28 pm
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability - by Nine - March 14, 2012 at 5:26 pm
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability - by Bgood - March 10, 2012 at 12:08 am