Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 3:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability
(March 7, 2012 at 8:35 pm)Shell B Wrote: I never said any of it was not okay, obviously. People can do it for whatever the hell reason they want. I would prefer people in my family choose more productive trades. It's not personal. I have absolutely nothing against there being prostitution or stripping. I do have something against a member of my family doing it. A member who could put their mind to use instead relying on their body, which will only have retail value for so long.

And yet so many people do it because they're paying for their college educations. What mind utilizing job paid for your college education?

Quote:Why would I want my niece to be a prostitute instead of a lawyer?

Well, law school is actually pretty expensive without scholarships and grants. I'm sure there are many lawyers out there who stripped their way through college. I know one. Her name is Michelle, and she was the most amazing thing I've ever seen slide down a pole, but now she's a successful attorney. TaDa!

Quote:Why would I prefer my nephew sell his body instead of becoming a professional athlete and a man who can actually tell his children what he does for a living?

Male prostitutes are usually gay. You know that, right?

Quote:Think about this objectively. I don't give a shit what people I do not know do. I do give a shit what my family does and prefer better, yes, better. I'm sorry. Again, it's nothing personal.

I am not offended whatsoever. I would like to say that I've decided that from what I know about you, I don't like you at all, Shell B. I think you're a rude, mean-spirited, snobbish hater of sorts. I don't get offended by those people, I psychoanalyze them, draw conclusions about their inner-workings and chuckle a bit, but I would have to give a shit what you think first in order to become offended.

I know you probably don't give a shit if I like you, what I think of you, etc. I just wanted you to know that the feelings are mutual.

If I've offended anyone else by espousing my honest feelings about Shell, I'm very sorry, but I treat people how I would want to be treated, and I value and respect people who are honest with me. So, I felt it needed to be said.

Quote:I do write for money. I also write for pleasure. I can't catch an STD or get beat up by a client doing what I do. Huge difference there.

No, but you could walk down the street and get beaten and raped and catch an STD that way. So don't say you "can't" because unless you're superhuman, you can. As much as I don't like you, I hope that never happens, I'm just saying.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability - by Bgood - March 9, 2012 at 12:22 am
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability - by Erinome - March 7, 2012 at 8:57 pm
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability - by Nine - March 14, 2012 at 5:26 pm
RE: Strippers, Prostitutes, and Respectability - by Bgood - March 10, 2012 at 12:08 am