Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 6, 2026, 12:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I had alcohol for the first time in my life.
#16
RE: I had alcohol for the first time in my life.



When in doubt, don't. Altered states of consciousness are fine so long as you remember that they are simply different from waking consciousness, not necessarily better than.


For most of my life, excluding my high school years, I drank because I enjoyed being a connoisseur and a snob. This past year that has changed subtly. I still drink largely for taste, and rarely ever get drunk, but I'm drinking tequila like a fish these days. Not so much bad as simply rather expensive. I know you asked people to keep their advice to themselves, but I hope you'll forgive this intrusion. I just want to suggest that you can be every bit as happy, squirrely and fulfilled on any given night without drugs as you can be with them.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg?rlkey=x1nmxbwrp...pouidnfvtl]
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: I had alcohol for the first time in my life. - by Angrboda - July 7, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trip Report: My First Colonoscopy Nanny 14 3408 January 10, 2025 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Ever been in an argument and had this happen? Disagreeable 19 4964 July 29, 2024 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 4557 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  First-time, non-violent criminals do not belong in prison. Jehanne 25 7166 August 29, 2022 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Discovered: Valks very first interwebs post! no one 1 1260 June 17, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Upon reading this title, what first comes to mind? Kitan Etos 8 1819 November 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: Kitan Etos
  What Happened to All the Alcohol? Rhondazvous 27 8177 May 23, 2020 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  had had and the lexical ambiguity Rhizomorph13 4 1484 March 4, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I never had hangover. purplepurpose 15 4170 February 25, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  First snow for the season. onlinebiker 31 8122 November 1, 2019 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Fireball



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)