Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upon reading this title, what first comes to mind?
Upon reading this title, what first comes to mind?
Of The Numinous

Read
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Upon reading this title, what first comes to mind?
Nothing
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Smeckledorfing in Bikini Bottom.
I don't like the word "Upon".
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 25, 2020 at 9:50 am)brewer Wrote: I don't like the word "Upon".

>_>
~ Erin Hunter
Standing in the surf on the outer banks. Poverty. Paddling through cypress in north florida. Hurricanes. A deep blanketing snow. Watching things die. A pretty face. Fire. Well fed kids fast asleep and dreaming. The sudden crack of a rifle. Sex. A felled tree left to rot.

That sort of stuff.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The slow but inevitable collapse of the Roman Empire, from the collapse of the Republic through to the fall of Constantinople.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 25, 2020 at 9:53 am)Eleven Wrote:
(November 25, 2020 at 9:50 am)brewer Wrote: I don't like the word "Upon".

>_>

I'm not sure I like that either.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 25, 2020 at 10:00 am)brewer Wrote:
(November 25, 2020 at 9:53 am)Eleven Wrote: >_>

I'm not sure I like that either.

[Image: largely-cats-paw-extended-claws-260nw-48462385.jpg]
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coming upon a smashed $70K truck. Jehanne 6 654 December 26, 2022 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Inquiring mind seeks guidance from the governing powers. no one 17 964 December 17, 2019 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4122 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  What are you reading/was the last thing you read? KevinM1 4 893 April 22, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Answering one thread's title with that of another Whateverist 8 954 February 5, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  How would you like to dispose of your body when the time comes? Whateverist 107 13054 December 19, 2017 at 2:51 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Thread Title Mashup: She Keeps Sucking Something Shitty From The Poster Below Me Whateverist 277 22960 December 1, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Halloween is almost upon us - boo! Foxaèr 23 3685 October 7, 2017 at 8:49 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why Did Dante Title His Work The Divine Comedy? Rhondazvous 10 3198 August 30, 2017 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Never Mind Definitely Disillusioned 18 2633 July 3, 2017 at 7:05 am
Last Post: ignoramus