Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 1:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deceitful - to be or not to be! That is the question!
RE: Deceitful - to be or not to be! That is the question!
Thanks everyone. What do you guys think is the "higher" road option here? I agree it's not wrong, but what do you guys think is "higher" road?

Here is some pros of keeping it secret:

1) Keeps my family happy (important to me)..
2) Stops a whole drama around me with my friends.
3) Stops a drama around me with my family (backlash from community)
4) Keeps friends as friends.

Negatives:

1) I can't marry a Muslim woman, and having a relationship to a non-Muslim woman will be seen as wrong, and these things will come out. So when it comes out, it will look like I am being disobedient and ignoring commands of God, which I find a worse image then disbelieving in religion (even though the latter in Islam is worse, I rather have the image of honestly disbelieving religion, then disobeying God's commands).
2) I feel like I'm two faced, hiding under a mask, and although perhaps not wrong like you guys say, there is no malice behind it, it just feels it's more honorable to show whom you really are, and not pretend to be something otherwise.
3) I feel like it's a sort of cowardice motive, fear of what people will think of me, which I know will be negative. And I hate being a coward.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deceitful - to be or not to be! That is the question! - by MysticKnight - July 12, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question for those who believe truth is not absolute GrandizerII 92 8928 July 21, 2016 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: quip
  To Homework or Not to Homework? That is the question. Aroura 25 3101 September 9, 2014 at 7:18 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  The following is not a question: Can something come from nothing? Alex K 204 31533 April 16, 2014 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: ManMachine