Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 6, 2026, 2:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Do your beliefs imply a Necessary being exists?
RE: Do your beliefs imply a Necessary being exists?
(August 13, 2012 at 9:01 pm)CliveStaples Wrote: If you believe you're in France (but you're not, you're in New York), and I argue that if you're in France, you're in Europe, aren't you obligated to also believe that you're in Europe?

Sure. That and four sixty-five will get you a venti latte at Starbucks.

(August 13, 2012 at 9:01 pm)CliveStaples Wrote: Your argument seems like a non-starter. The term "necessary being" is defined; replace it everywhere with "shpadoinkle pancake" if you like, the logic remains the same. What you choose to call the thing is irrelevant.

So by that definition, "quantum fluctuation in a singularity" qualifies as a necessary being. That I can buy.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Do your beliefs imply a Necessary being exists? - by Jackalope - August 13, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I will prove to you that God exists Order 771 174713 September 6, 2026 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Yes God Exists Unapologetics 80 10589 April 26, 2026 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  I will prove to you that Cod exists. BrianSoddingBoru4 10 5583 April 9, 2025 at 2:32 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  I will prove to you The Great Cosmic Penguin exists The Architect Of Fate 1 2101 April 8, 2025 at 3:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I will prove to you the Borg exists Nay_Sayer 1 2069 April 8, 2025 at 2:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I will prove to you the Cyril the Space Wombat exists. The Valkyrie 12 5189 April 8, 2025 at 2:28 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I will prove to you Bog exists! BrianSoddingBoru4 4 2968 April 8, 2025 at 2:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I Will Prove To You That Zardoz Exists! Rev. Rye 0 1705 April 7, 2025 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  A timeless being cannot create mcc1789 125 37568 August 29, 2019 at 1:01 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Best response to "You are being too bookish and nerdy!"? FlatAssembler 25 7211 April 5, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*



Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)