Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 6:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Does Atheism and Left-Wing Politics Usually Go Together?
RE: Why Does Atheism and Left-Wing Politics Usually Go Together?
(September 26, 2012 at 9:54 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(September 26, 2012 at 9:22 am)Tobie Wrote: Really? It's Obama's fault that some muslims attacked the US embassies over in the middle east? Please explain how this makes any sense at all.

Also, how haven't you learnt that democrats are not far left yet? Fox's bullshit pipe is still firmly stuck into your head, it would seem.

Obama is your president. Meaning he is responsible for the lot of things regarding Americans. IF someone else were in his position, the responsibility would be his, yes?

Besides, I do not accept designations such as "far-left" or "centre-left".
I only know left, or right. If you ask me, both democrats and republicans in the US are equally "left" to me.

Obama is not my president. I'm stuck with David Cameron. Obama is in no way responsible for how various muslims thousands of miles away from his country will react to a video that insults said muslims' religion.

A Theist Wrote:Some muslims you say? No. large mobs of muslims. Obama's gentler approach of appeasement to foreign policy emboldens the Islamic radicals. They don't fear retaliation from us. Iran certainly doesn't fear us and our allies. Ahmadinejad continues to threaten us and Israel and our allies, We have an ambassador and three embassy staff members who were tortured and killed in a 9/11 terrorist attack on our embassy in Lybia....and Barack Obama still avoids calling it a terrorist attack. Our embassies across the Middle East, Egypt, Pakistan, Indonesia and elsewhere were also under seige by large frothing out of control mobs of Islamic radicals...Barack Obama refused to meet with Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss stopping Iran from developing a nuclear bomb because it was more important for him to show his mug on 'Letterman'....Barack Obama is a disaster. Yeah, it is his fault.

Also, I was specifying far left democrats, not all democrats....and it would seem to me that anyone who believes appeasement is the best foreign policy is naive.

Yes some muslims. Some refers to a unclear amount of things.

Anyway, why is it the responsibility of the US/NATO to interfere with the middle east? Whatever they've been doing has done fairly little, despite it costing over $3 trillion in real terms to the US economy. $3 trillion could be better spent on other things.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Does Atheism and Left-Wing Politics Usually Go Together? - by Tobie - September 26, 2012 at 10:29 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2720 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 7992 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 5275 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 337 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ghost Guns - one of the left's lies. onlinebiker 33 2363 June 23, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 837 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 549 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Politics and Twitter. Brian37 27 1578 May 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  [Serious] When you left theism, did you go Left? zwanzig 34 2285 April 22, 2021 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 1060 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal