Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 7:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Politics and Twitter.
Politics and Twitter.
I just got a 12 hour ban on Twitter, for no good fucking reason. 

How many of us here have been an observer, in a serious situation, or even a silly situation, where you know the person speaking is just digging themselves in deeper and you know the more they speak, the worse they will make it for themselves and you say, "Hang yoursef, keep talking." 

Somehow the Twitterbots thought I was litterally telling Rudy to kill himself beause he was talking on Fox about how the Feds were persecuting him over Ukraine. 

He is an asshole, and a baffoon, but I don't even want Chauvin harmed in prison. I was merely saying that the idiot is making things worse for himself by opening his mouth.
RE: Politics and Twitter.
If you rant and rave on Twitter like you do here, I can't say I'm surprised.

buffoon

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

So if I had said, "Keep talking, sink your own ship", how is that any different than what I said?

I am all for better policing to prevent real damage to society like the KKK or Neo Nazis or ISIS. But all I did in that post was say, "You are an idiot, keep talking, make things worse for yourself."
You aren't the best at expressing yourself in a way that means to the reader what you meant to convey.

Your over-the-top rants and comparisons are something we are used to. Twitter is probably using an algorithm that picks up on some of your word usage.

A quick peek shows that you just repeat on Twitter what you say here so, yeah, you might want to reread your rant before you try to post it.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 30, 2021 at 10:39 am)Brian37 Wrote: So if I had said, "Keep talking, sink your own ship", how is that any different than what I said?

I am all for better policing to prevent real damage to society like the KKK or Neo Nazis or ISIS. But all I did in that post was say, "You are an idiot, keep talking, make things worse for yourself."

Really? You don't understand the difference between

"go hang yourself"
and
"sink your own ship"

I think you need to be more honest with your analysis of the figurative language you use. Because those two phrases are not the same, either figuratively, nor contextually.

Brace yourselves for the "Hitler, Stalin, this isn't life or death, I'm not perfect, I love ABBA" idiocy that's sure to follow.

(April 30, 2021 at 10:52 am)Five Wrote:
(April 30, 2021 at 10:39 am)Brian37 Wrote: So if I had said, "Keep talking, sink your own ship", how is that any different than what I said?

Really? You don't understand the difference between

"go hang yourself"
and
"sink your own ship"

I think you need to be more honest with your analysis of the figurative language you use. Because those two phrases are not the same, either figuratively, nor contextually.

"You arn't helping yourself"

Is what, "Hang yourself, keep talking"

And "Sink your own ship" mean.

There is not one person reading this, old enough who has paid attention to a variety of news events, as to which, they see a person accused, who just doesn't know when to shut up. Rudy IS haginging himself. And it has nothing to do with what blacks have gone through historically.
Point made.

Yer an idiot.

(April 30, 2021 at 10:49 am)arewethereyet Wrote: You aren't the best at expressing yourself in a way that means to the reader what you meant to convey.

Your over-the-top rants and comparisons are something we are used to.  Twitter is probably using an algorithm that picks up on some of your word usage.

A quick peek shows that you just repeat on Twitter what you say here so, yeah, you might want to reread your rant before you try to post it.

The hell I am not. ABBA is the best fucking band in the universe. THERE, I said it. Looks for rotten tomatos and ducks.
(April 30, 2021 at 11:01 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 30, 2021 at 10:52 am)Five Wrote: Really? You don't understand the difference between

"go hang yourself"
and
"sink your own ship"

"You arn't helping yourself"

Is what, "Hang yourself, keep talking"

And "Sink your own ship" mean.

There is not one person reading this, old enough who has paid attention to a variety of news events, as to which, they see a person accused, who just doesn't know when to shut up. Rudy IS haginging himself. And it has nothing to do with what blacks have gone through historically.

Most of the posts on social platforms aren’t monitored by actual people, but by programmes designed to look for certain words and phrases. Algorithms aren’t sophisticated enough to decide what you mean, they have to go by what you say.

For example, if I were to say, ‘Brian, go fuck yourself’, it might register an alert. On the other hand, if I were to say, ‘Brian, it would be in the best interest of all concerned if you were to insert yourself into yourself repeatedly until a point of gratification is reached’, it’s unlikely anything would happen.

That being said, most people who get bounced from Twitter were acting the twat, so that was probably what happened to you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2153 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 5950 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 318 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 698 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 461 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 863 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal
  USA politics of hate Richi29 4 339 July 23, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Politics WinterHold 23 1441 January 20, 2020 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Politics is a fairy tale about England Interaktive 6 849 December 27, 2019 at 5:31 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Enviromentalistic Politics onlinebiker 35 1961 August 23, 2019 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker