Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 11:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Smith breaks into urban agribusiness (and he may have to go to Washington).
RE: Mr. Smith breaks into urban agribusiness (and he may have to go to Washington).
(November 14, 2012 at 12:00 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I really appreciate all the activity folks. Worship (large)

Since the "how-to" post that's upcoming is going to begin with this directly (and just to ask the question again to get feedback)...If any of you were going to start an urban farm why would you do it? Would it be strictly business for you? Social activism? Environmental activism? A labor of love with no regard for returns? Maybe some mixture of the above (and if so which motivations are the strongest?) Maybe motivations I haven't even touched on?

social activism, i don't even think projects like this can turn a profit, not enviromentalism either, the only effects I can picture would be improved air quality for the neighborhood, and besides would you want to eat food that wa grown in the most polluttted neighborhood on earth?

if I were to start a farm it would look like this:
[Image: verticalfarm_plantagon.jpg]

[Image: vertical_farm_800x533.jpg]

[Image: VerticalFarm3thumb._V198185070_.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Subject edited for length - by Rhizomorph13 - November 13, 2012 at 4:30 pm
RE: Mr. Smith - by The Grand Nudger - November 13, 2012 at 4:47 pm
RE: Mr. Smith - by Rhizomorph13 - November 13, 2012 at 5:18 pm
What do I need to know? - by The Grand Nudger - November 13, 2012 at 5:37 pm
RE: Mr. Smith breaks into urban agribusiness (and he may have to go to Washington). - by cratehorus - November 15, 2012 at 1:06 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution or gentrification: Do urban farms lead to higher rents? thesummerqueen 6 2524 October 24, 2012 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko