Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 12:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should violent criminals be castrated?
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated?
(February 25, 2013 at 7:25 pm)Nobody Wrote: Funny, I was thinking by excusing the behavior of those who use sex as a weapon that you'd be the ideal Republican obstructionist leading the House media office when they try to fathom an excuse for the reprehensible behavior of their worst members.

Having sex with someone who's drunk does not automatically make someone a sex offender. That's a lie, that's a damn lie.

I notice you're not speaking about the victims yet, except to imply they're to blame in the scenario of drunken sex.

And now you're resorting to asking me about my personal consensual sex life?
That not only is none of your business but, consensual sex , has nothing to do with what you were and continue to excuse.

And by the way, there are two kinds of people dear. Good people and bad people.
Sex offenders aren't good people.
Doesn't matter if you refuse to accept that.
The many convicted sex offenders you know are your responsibility, your choice, for your life. One is known by the company they keep.

Good luck with that.
By the way, violent language speaks to someone who has a tendency to violent action.
I have excused no behavior. I was very clear in stating that they should be punished for their actions. You can try to put all kinds of words in my mouth but the fact remains that, in spite of the bad things they have done, they are not necessarily bad people.

Now, lets clarify sexual assault. Consensual sex occurs when both parties are of a state of mind to give informed consent to a sexual act. Alcohol impairs ones cognitive ability, thereby diminishing their capacity to give proper consent. Therefore, if you have sex with someone who is drunk, they are not able to give consent and you are sexually assaulting them. (and just to be clear, this is YOUR fault, not theirs). This is not shit I just made up for my convenience. This is the definition of sexual assault.

Implying they are to blame in scenarios of drunken sex??? Where did I say ANYTHING that says the drunk person was to blame for anything?? You are a spin doctor of EPIC proportions.

As for the victims, I feel greatly for them. They did not deserve what happened to them in any way and I would never suggest otherwise. However, the families of drug addicts, the women who are beaten by their husbands, the kid whose mother was killed by a drunk driver... they are victims as well but you don't seem to be terribly concerned about them. You are not advocating death penalties for these offenders. No, you have a special little slot carved out for crimes you find particularly distasteful based on complete ignorance and media hype.

If you honestly believe there are good people and bad people, your delusions go far deeper than mere susceptibility to media sensationalism. There are few people on the planet that could stand up to any scrutiny if they were being classified as good or bad and their lives were being looked at with a microscope.

The truth is, there ARE two kinds of people: Those who have been caught and those who haven't. People do bad things. Even good people do bad things. Like it or not, that is how the world operates.

Lets take a quick look at one scenario. You tell me what you think of it.

A man goes to a bar with some friends after a long week of hard work. He drinks to excess and gets rather drunk. A cute young waitress passes by his table and he reaches out and slaps her on the butt. The next day, he is arrested for sexual assault. He is convicted and is put on the sex offender registry.

Gosh, what a horrible person he is!!!! WE MUST KILL HIM NOW!!!

BTW, this is a real situation. I knew the guy.

Oh, and thanks for the sneaky little ad hominem arguments. Please keep to the topic at hand and refrain from personal attacks.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein

Messages In This Thread
Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Grockel - February 25, 2013 at 11:33 am
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Dee Dee Ramone - February 25, 2013 at 11:38 am
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Vera - February 25, 2013 at 12:18 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Psykhronic - February 25, 2013 at 11:47 am
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by festive1 - February 25, 2013 at 11:52 am
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Faith No More - February 25, 2013 at 12:25 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Nine - February 25, 2013 at 12:32 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Angrboda - February 25, 2013 at 12:55 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Faith No More - February 25, 2013 at 12:32 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Nobody - February 25, 2013 at 12:33 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Baalzebutt - February 25, 2013 at 12:57 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Nobody - February 25, 2013 at 6:11 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Baalzebutt - February 25, 2013 at 6:36 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Nobody - February 25, 2013 at 7:25 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Baalzebutt - February 25, 2013 at 7:52 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Nobody - February 25, 2013 at 9:22 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Baalzebutt - February 25, 2013 at 9:31 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Nobody - February 25, 2013 at 12:38 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Psykhronic - February 25, 2013 at 12:37 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Nobody - February 25, 2013 at 12:47 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Psykhronic - February 25, 2013 at 12:55 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Faith No More - February 25, 2013 at 12:43 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Nobody - February 25, 2013 at 12:55 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Vera - February 25, 2013 at 12:54 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by festive1 - February 25, 2013 at 12:57 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Vera - February 25, 2013 at 2:39 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Vera - February 25, 2013 at 2:46 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Vera - February 25, 2013 at 2:51 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Question Mark - February 25, 2013 at 7:27 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Cinjin - February 25, 2013 at 7:44 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by paulpablo - February 25, 2013 at 7:49 pm
RE: Should violent criminals be castrated? - by Nobody - February 26, 2013 at 12:57 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 7170 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Rights and violent aggression. paulpablo 22 3291 December 17, 2016 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Cato
  Even Corporate Criminals Can't Stomach Drumpf Minimalist 1 742 June 18, 2016 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Anonymous pledges violent retaliation for Charlie Hebdo Creed of Heresy 1 957 January 11, 2015 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  More Corporate Criminals Nailed By Court Minimalist 3 1133 August 30, 2014 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: Surgenator
  Violent Revolution is Inevitable Koolay 24 4872 July 10, 2013 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  'Anonymous' plans for 'violent revolution' - WorldnetDaily TheDarkestOfAngels 13 5962 December 28, 2011 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Police become violent to OW in Melbourne, Aust. reverendjeremiah 36 9525 October 25, 2011 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah