Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 11:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Made in Alexandria: The Origin of the Yahweh Cult
RE: Made in Alexandria: The Origin of the Yahweh Cult
(March 25, 2013 at 1:40 am)A_Nony_Mouse Wrote: Have you yet to notice I have nothing but contempt for you and your personal attacks and supercilious posts?
Do you realize that I get tired of reading your unsubstantiated bullshit that you didn't even think up on your own, and are just repackaged ideas of other failed so-called secular scholars who came up with way out there theories that have been discredited and disproven decades ago now.
Quote:The only source of claiming it is a translation is the forgery, period. There is no basis for any other claim.
Oh right I guess the other fucking source you keep claiming doesn't exist, you keep denying, the other source would be - the original fucking Hebrew text, right???

You haven't presented to me a single legitimate textual argument as to why the MT appears to be a translation of Greek. Not one. There are scholars out there, contemporary ones - some religious, some secular - who specialize in this, and in identifying whether a work was originally written in the language in which we have it.
Quote:What is the physical evidence the OT stories existed in any language prior to the Septuagint?
Matthew 5:18: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Luke 16:17: And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

Let me guess - that's just vague, abstract, generalized language - right??
Quote:Yes you are trying to get out of the forgery by invoking the copy meme. As you know, there are only two related things, the oldest copy of a document and the oldest mention of a document. As you know NEITHER has any relation to the original contents. Changes in copying and even total fabrication was such a common problem that the closer a copy was to the original the more valuable.
Did that somehow sound coherent in your head before you typed it??
Quote:Canonical texts did not exist in the time of Josephus and likely did not exist until the Christian sect of Judaism invented it in the 5th c. AD.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Proof?

Wait, sorry, here's my proof on this one:
  • Matthew 5:18: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    Luke 16:17:
    And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
Now produce yours.
Quote:Many of the quotes from "scripture" on the NT are not only from the Greek but also from either invented or non-existent or lost Judean texts.
See what I mean by non-original repackaged claims that have been long-since disproven? And your source of proof for this claim is?

Ah, let me point out to you, that your source is from the 3rd century AD, the fifth column of the Hexapla and we know Origen modified it substantially when he made the fifth column. So now you're essentially claiming that something that was modified in the 3rd century was quoted in the first century AD! LOL. Origen had copies of all the new testiment books and he used those whilst creating the "critical edition of the septuigant".

Also, there are actually more quotes that agree with the MT than there are those that agree with the LXX, and as you made the claim it's up to you to prove to me otherwise.
Quote:Overwhelming agreement among believing scholars that their theology is correct is not what I would put in the surprising category. No more than I would expect you, a declared Lutheran, to speak anything against your religious beliefs.
It's news to me that I'm a Lutheran. Also, there is huge amount of disagreement among professional scholars - just as there is among scientists of almost any discipline, so don't go claiming they all read the text and agree upon the same thing all the time, because they don't.
Quote:You please tell me how the Masoretic got vowel points without audio recordings to work from? Vowels change most quickly in every language.
What's this - you're now acknowledging that Hebrew is a language?!

They preserved the contemporary Hebrew sounds, happy? You can have that one, it's all yours.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Messages In This Thread
RE: Made in Alexandria: The Origin of the Yahweh Cult - by Aractus - March 26, 2013 at 5:34 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Origin of April Fools? Goosebump 2 557 April 2, 2023 at 3:41 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Allah/Yahweh/Jesus are like....... Brian37 10 2996 April 23, 2017 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Cult of Alice dyresand 2 1189 April 14, 2015 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist