Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2026, 2:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mandelbrot Fractal and Watchmaker theory as proof for gods existence?
#13
RE: Mandelbrot Fractal and Watchmaker theory as proof for gods existence?
Thought I'd follow up with what I've found thusfar, which admittedly I haven't had a whole lot of time to focus on.
I talked to my fiancee about it for a night, he's a doll.

As for the watchmaker theory, I still don't get how a theist can consider it a valid point whatsoever. Assuming a watch is made by a creator because comparably to nature it is unique: is no contention what soever, since nature itself has nothing to compare itself to as to being creator-made.

He made a great debating point,
"A more accurate version of the watchmaker argument, from the theistic perspective, is that you find a watch on the beach, but the beach is made of watches, and the ocean beside you is made of watches, the air you breathe is watches, the planet you're on is watches, and you yourself are a watch."

As for complexity in nature proving that it needed a maker, I found this experiment highly helpful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%8...experiment

I don't understand why the fractal is even in the theist debates, so if anyone figures that out just let me knowWink
Also someone in the catholic forums (that's where I'm getting this shite) also mentioned this:

"When relativists bring up wave-particle duality of light to try and argue that the law of non-contradiction is not true, they are hand-waving. It is more proper to say that light has properties like a wave and like a particle, not that they ARE both things at once. This does not breach the law of non-contradiction."

Anyone know what they're talking about? Thanks for your replies guys, please let me know what you think!
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Mandelbrot Fractal and Watchmaker theory as proof for gods existence? - by Mystical - April 10, 2013 at 12:35 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theory from pure observation SubtleVirtue 11 5639 June 3, 2025 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  The Cosmological Proof LinuxGal 53 16109 September 24, 2023 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Proving the Existence of a First Cause Muhammad Rizvi 3 2029 June 23, 2023 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: awty
  The existence of God smithd 314 80417 November 23, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 5645 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] Criticism of Aquinas' First Way or of the Proof of God from Motion. spirit-salamander 75 21111 May 3, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  A 'proof' of God's existence - free will mrj 54 17987 August 9, 2020 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Sal
  Best arguments for or against God's existence mcc1789 22 7507 May 22, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Proof that I'm immortal Shantideva 64 15791 September 11, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 19668 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)