Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 6:59 am

Poll: Do athiests need to raise their voices, and lead people out of religious mess?
This poll is closed.
Yes, we should do everything to keep the world more sane.
66.67%
14 66.67%
No, we're fine with how it is.
33.33%
7 33.33%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can we do to promote Atheism? How can we unite?
RE: What can we do to promote Atheism? How can we unite?
(August 11, 2013 at 5:53 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Gatherings and stuff hmm... I know there are atheists groups out there, they've never appealed to me before.

Why not us? because we have very little in common. The only thing atheists have in common is the lack of a belief in god. But I wouldn't mind joining book clubs. I think it'd be cool if in every neighbourhood there're things like weekly book clubs, astronomy club, history club, things like that. So you go every Sunday, learn something new or teach something, and then have lunch together. So that these sort of social activity is available to the nonreligious. But atheist gatherings, I mean, what do you do there?

Edit: Probably not a good idea to have those kinda clubs on Sunday, that excludes believers. I don't like segregating religious and nonreligious, I want the religious to learn how to coexist with others and not push their ideas on others.

And the same can be said to religions. They have one thing in common: They believe in God.

I like your idea of making book clubs , etc. They sound good Smile

Yes, we should include them if they want to tag along.

(August 11, 2013 at 5:58 am)ITChick Wrote: Let us leave the descrimination for the religious folk. Discrimination is something else I feel strongly about and fight against. If I say "no theists allowed" how is that better than a guy who says "no homosexuals allowed"

I am not better than a theist dude because I believe something different from him. I am simply different.

Edit: But an AF get together does sound like fun. It's a shame we are all spread so far across the world.

Yes, we're in the same position with theist. But I believe we're more sane and open minded than them Smile

And yes, we should not discriminate. I agree with you. I was silly(what was I thinking? Maybe too much patriotic? Tongue ) awhile ago to say we should make it a exclusive group Smile.

Yes AF get together would be awesome. Sadly as you said we're so far apart.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What can we do to promote Atheism? How can we unite? - by shadowninjax - August 11, 2013 at 6:12 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did Communists promote Evolution? Nishant Xavier 318 17385 September 7, 2023 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27782 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheists unite and help persuade Ambiguous Atheist 14 2756 December 2, 2016 at 3:01 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12705 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12251 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10584 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12093 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38556 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack