Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 11:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The richest are the most generous? I think not.
RE: The richest are the most generous? I think not.
I'm not sure you can draw that sort it of conclusion, Creed. Lots of charities have enormous overhead, which certainly accounts for a fair amount of that 2/3.

However, on the whole, I agree with you on the folly of expecting private charity to do what government services can for the needy. Realizing that was the largest contributor to me abandoning most libertarian ideology many years ago - I still maintain that one of government's primary roles is protecting the rights of the people - all of the people, and all of their rights - and I disagree very much with many self-described libertarians on how that ought to be accomplished.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The richest are the most generous? I think not. - by Jackalope - January 1, 2014 at 11:51 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Those Who Think Xristards Are Not Dangerous Minimalist 12 1227 March 13, 2017 at 10:37 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  One of the most Ethical (and most lied about) political leader Foxaèr 55 6036 July 31, 2016 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Give the richest power and the economy stabilizes. This is good. Greatest I am 23 9513 November 22, 2011 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am