Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 9:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How flexible is the principle of causality?
RE: How flexible is the principle of causality?
(March 18, 2014 at 8:49 am)Alex K Wrote:
(March 18, 2014 at 8:38 am)tor Wrote: It has nothing to do with carrying information.
All uncertainty principle is telling us that we can't measure quanta properties without affecting it which is why we can't know for sure both position and momentum. It tells us NOTHING about if movement of particles is TRULY random or deterministic in nature. But since we can't measure that it will remain a mystery forever.

I agree that we will not know, unless we discover a way to measure hidden variables. But I'm saying - in the framework of the copenhagen interpretation, what is its stance?

To know if true randomness is possible you must disprove determinism completely. And to do that you must measure all the data there is which is not possible in my opinion.
As for copenhahen principle hawking thinks it's determined. But it's just speculation both ways. I have no idea if it's determined or not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How flexible is the principle of causality? - by tor - March 18, 2014 at 7:25 am
RE: How flexible is the principle of causality? - by tor - March 18, 2014 at 8:21 am
RE: How flexible is the principle of causality? - by tor - March 18, 2014 at 8:27 am
RE: How flexible is the principle of causality? - by tor - March 18, 2014 at 8:38 am
RE: How flexible is the principle of causality? - by tor - March 18, 2014 at 9:02 am
RE: How flexible is the principle of causality? - by tor - March 18, 2014 at 9:23 am
RE: How flexible is the principle of causality? - by tor - March 18, 2014 at 9:37 am
RE: How flexible is the principle of causality? - by tor - March 18, 2014 at 9:41 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intellectual Humility: A Guiding Principle For The Skeptical Movement? Duty 30 3609 September 12, 2020 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  A crazy thought: Could causality not be real? Freedom of thought 13 4909 May 14, 2014 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Whateverist