Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 12:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The things that finally "broke" religion for me
RE: The things that finally "broke" religion for me
(May 29, 2014 at 9:37 pm)theist101 Wrote: vodkafan,

you are basing all your reasoning on what Churches say and people think. You do not have to identify with anyone else's ideas to remain a theist. Please start by explaing why you think God doesn't exist as opposed to blaming his followers for their perceived shortcomings.

Hi theist101, you asked a reasonable question. As my little "religious view" tagline shows, I have an open mind about whether a god of any type exists or not. I suspect there may not be one. Until scientists can answer some basic questions about the origin of the universe, the actual mechanism of how life started, I will continue to have an open mind.
But as far as the Abrahamic religions go, I have decided after a long period of my own researching, bible reading, life experiences and internal thinking that they do not describe any reality, and are not even harmless. People are still being killed and persecuted because of religion even as we post.

@theist101, I just read a couple of your other posts on another person's "convert corner" thread. I think I see where you are at. By all means, you are welcome to challenge , contradict and argue with me on all points. It 's one of the reasons I came on here, it's nice to have someone of the opposite viewpoint to hash things out with. You won't upset me I am an easy going dude. Bring it on!
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it

Messages In This Thread
RE: The things that finally "broke" religion for me - by vodkafan - May 30, 2014 at 9:44 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  After 20 years, I'm finally awake... Boris Karloff 15 3718 January 19, 2014 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Finally found the evidence. That guy who asked questions 25 5972 May 22, 2013 at 12:19 am
Last Post: That guy who asked questions