Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally found the evidence.
Finally found the evidence.
I was a "born-again" christian. I came to this assumption in November of 2012. I had assumed I experienced a divine encounter, when in reality I just quickly assimilated my own morality and worldview with an existing flawed one. I had went on an atheist Facebook page and attempted to learn more as to why atheists didn't believe in God. My first questions to The Bible were raised from there and gradually my questions grew and my doubt along with it to the point of every other day I would say "God or no God." I claimed to have previously been an atheist due to The Bible's claim that "God is love" and since I previously didn't believe in love due to personal reasons I assumed I also didn't believe in God and could say I was atheist. It wasn't until a friend of mine introduced me to a few natural sciences that completely contradict The Bible that I decided that maybe The Bible was wrong. I dug deeper into the realm of science and learned the refutations against The Bible and essentially all religion and decided that I can't possibly believe in any of this and remain logically honest. I decided that while there may be a supernatural in this universe it has not given much if any evidence to its existence and without evidence I can't believe in something. Most Christians would claim that The Bible is evidence for God, but that would be like saying, "This napkin is the one true religion because it says it right here on the napkin!" I have not yet told my Christian friends or family because I am so involved in the church. I am considering doing a social experiment and studying personal reasons for "belief" in what has no evidence and possibly taking a look at personal testimony of Christians and using psychology to provide alternative reasons to their "faith."
I used to pray... but then I realized I could talk to myself and save 10% too. Who wouldn't go for that?ROFLOL
RE: Finally found the evidence.
Welcome
(March 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm)ThatMuslimGuy2 Wrote: Never read anything immoral in the Qur'an.
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. James 1:5-6 / As you have admitted to being a doubting/luke warm character, how long do you think it will be before these same winds toss you about and blow you in some other direction ?
Very good. Welcome.

Of course, it would have been better to post this before you asked "What could be the atheistic view of the formation of the state of Israel?" It makes you look like a post-and-run troll.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Welcome and good luck with your transition. Looks like you're going to have to turn your world upside down. You'll have to decide whether that is scary or exciting, and like good ole' Bilbo you'll have to decide if you want some adventure.
(May 5, 2013 at 8:55 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: Very good. Welcome.

Of course, it would have been better to post this before you asked "What could be the atheistic view of the formation of the state of Israel?" It makes you look like a post-and-run troll.

I agree ROFLOL I just have so many questions that when they come to mind I have to find the answer.

(May 5, 2013 at 2:28 am)goodnews Wrote: If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. James 1:5-6 / As you have admitted to being a doubting/luke warm character, how long do you think it will be before these same winds toss you about and blow you in some other direction ?

To answer this I'll use the mathematical phrase 2+2=4. I learned this in about 1st grade.. I still know this to be true. It's hard to waver and be "tossed" in another direction when you have discovered the observable[i] truth. God is not an observable truth. The Bible is a fallacy and the God it represents is a fallacy.
I used to pray... but then I realized I could talk to myself and save 10% too. Who wouldn't go for that?ROFLOL
(May 5, 2013 at 1:35 pm)That guy who asked questions Wrote: To answer this I'll use the mathematical phrase 2+2=4. I learned this in about 1st grade.. I still know this to be true. It's hard to waver and be "tossed" in another direction when you have discovered the observable[i] truth. God is not an observable truth. The Bible is a fallacy and the God it represents is a fallacy.

B-but, a + b = 19, therefore Allah! Wink
http://atheistforums.org/thread-18424.html
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Welcome to the forum. Good OP, and a position (re: not 'coming out') that many on here could identify with.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
As you used this mathematical formula between first grade and 2012, and as you admit to being a "born again" Christian during this period, one must conclude your hypothetical 2+2=4 equation had a differant result , one must also conclude that as you are still useing this same 2+2=4 equation as a base for your assumptions, therefore one is left with no other conclusion that the foundations of your hypothesis are not grounded but wavering.
(May 6, 2013 at 4:39 am)goodnews Wrote: As you used this mathematical formula between first grade and 2012, and as you admit to being a "born again" Christian during this period, one must conclude your hypothetical 2+2=4 equation had a differant result , one must also conclude that as you are still useing this same 2+2=4 equation as a base for your assumptions, therefore one is left with no other conclusion that the foundations of your hypothesis are not grounded but wavering.

My hypothetical equation would be E+E=C (Evidence + Experience = Conclusion) If false evidence along with misunderstood experience are the premise then of course the conclusion will be false. A basis on any falsehood leaves room to waver. However, when you supplement correct evidence and understand the experience correctly based on facts then the conclusion results in a truth, not a false. Truth = truth. There is no reason for waver any longer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I found jesus Longhorn 21 4809 May 15, 2015 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: lunafreespirit
  The things that finally "broke" religion for me vodkafan 13 2578 May 30, 2014 at 9:44 am
Last Post: vodkafan
  After 20 years, I'm finally awake... Boris Karloff 15 3651 January 19, 2014 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  I always assumed there would be evidence. Sancho 19 6002 July 7, 2011 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist