Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 6:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABP (AdblockPlus) sucks and I will prove it...
RE: ABP (AdblockPlus) sucks and I will prove it...
(August 22, 2014 at 9:48 pm)Aractus Wrote: Okay now I've configured FF it's much better. There is still a lot of annoyance with FF though - some extensions like avast do not allow you to remove it (you can only disable it), and there's no option anywhere to remove installed plugins!

You sure? There is in mine. Menu -> Add-ons -> Extensions. There's buttons for options, disable, and remove.

(August 22, 2014 at 9:48 pm)Aractus Wrote: My point is that ABP is a shitty plugin it should be called AB- (minus) because all it is is a product that is significantly worse than AdBlock - its main competing extension.

I've used only ABP. What have you observed the differences between that and Adblock are? (If you said so already, I missed it.)

(August 22, 2014 at 9:48 pm)Aractus Wrote: Google has gone completely greedy and excessive on their ads. Hell the other day they wanted to serve me 17 ads in a Youtube video...

Youtube pretty much sucks in that regard, yes.

As far as the text ads on the search engine, I've pretty much trained myself to not even notice them. For what it's worth, I'm mostly concerned with the graphic ads, and the really abusive shit like animations, popups et al, and audio/video ads. Not to mention the ad servers that serve up tasty malware.

YMMV, of course.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ABP (AdblockPlus) sucks and I will prove it... - by Jackalope - August 22, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CGI Thomas the Tank Engine SUCKS vorlon13 4 1027 October 3, 2016 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye