(August 30, 2014 at 4:57 am)jesus_wept Wrote:(August 29, 2014 at 5:06 pm)bladevalant546 Wrote: Regardless of what the others say. I find the bottom concept of Jesus social compassion and what not, very good. He basically a middle eastern Buddha in a lot of respects, religions are all aspects of the human psychology.
Tbh I don't find Jesus or Buddha's "social compassion" to be very good. Both of them basically tell people to be peasants and live in poverty, forever. Had they urged people to end poverty and make the world a better place for all I might find them compelling, but all they really offer the true believer is poverty and misery. Imo their teachings have been a curse on normal people because of this, and a blessing for their rulers.
What is funny is that Siddhartha Gautama allegedly came from a well to do family.
The thing about poverty was carried over from Hinduism by the way. The notion that a beggar has more life than a wealthy person. I find this to be absurd of course.
Ut supra, ita inferius
![[Image: 0c112e9da4d42c24a073c335a3e38de1_zpsezmp...g~original]](https://images.weserv.nl/?url=i1297.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fag22%2FComrade_Mei-Ling%2F0c112e9da4d42c24a073c335a3e38de1_zpsezmp8izf.jpg~original)
Uƚ ƨuqɿɒ, iƚɒ inʇɘɿiuƨ



